• Quote of the Day
    "There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered."
    Nelson Mandela, posted by Daniel

SS8282

There's a van parked in the warehouse for week. It's leaking gas, and the smell is really bad, especially today. We've got the doors and windows open but that helps only so much. I can't get a hold of the owner.

To make things worse, we'va got a heat wave so turning on the a/c is useless - all the cold air just goes outside because of the open doors and windows.

I have a feeling I'll be breathing in the gas all day and probably the rest of the week. What are the effects of breathing in gas? Will it make my asthma worse? My head is feeling yukky, but I don't know if it's because of the gas or the heat.

SS8282

There's a van parked in the warehouse for week. It's leaking gas, and the smell is really bad, especially today. We've got the doors and windows open but that helps only so much. I can't get a hold of the owner.

To make things worse, we'va got a heat wave so turning on the a/c is useless - all the cold air just goes outside because of the open doors and windows.

I have a feeling I'll be breathing in the gas all day and probably the rest of the week. What are the effects of breathing in gas? Will it make my asthma worse? My head is feeling yukky, but I don't know if it's because of the gas or the heat.

David Baxter

Administrator
It can't be good.

Can you report this to your local health department?

Is there anywhere else you go spend a day or two?

David Baxter

Administrator
It can't be good.

Can you report this to your local health department?

Is there anywhere else you go spend a day or two?

SS8282

I can't go anywhere else. It's where I work. I know who the van belongs to and that person has lots of problems, both personal and business - long stories. His cell isn't working, and I don't have the number of where he's staying. I can step outside for a bit, though there's a smog alert. *sigh*

SS8282

I can't go anywhere else. It's where I work. I know who the van belongs to and that person has lots of problems, both personal and business - long stories. His cell isn't working, and I don't have the number of where he's staying. I can step outside for a bit, though there's a smog alert. *sigh*

David Baxter

Administrator
I would strongly suggest that you report this to the health department. In Canada (or at least Ontario), there is also WHMIS, which is responsible for workplace health and safety issues -- if there is a department similar to that in your area, contact them.

David Baxter

Administrator
I would strongly suggest that you report this to the health department. In Canada (or at least Ontario), there is also WHMIS, which is responsible for workplace health and safety issues -- if there is a department similar to that in your area, contact them.

HA

I would be more concerned with a fire from gas leaks then the fumes. Call your fire department and they will assess for danger and take appropriate action to clear the danger if need be.

HA

I would be more concerned with a fire from gas leaks then the fumes. Call your fire department and they will assess for danger and take appropriate action to clear the danger if need be.

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
Calling the fire department seems like good advice:

One day I started my car and I smelled gasoline. I was afraid to drive it so I called AAA. They wouldn't touch my car until the fire department came and gave me an OK to tow. It was the fuel pump. So, never drive a car when you smell gasoline.

How to Know if Your Car Has a Fluid Leak

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
Calling the fire department seems like good advice:

One day I started my car and I smelled gasoline. I was afraid to drive it so I called AAA. They wouldn't touch my car until the fire department came and gave me an OK to tow. It was the fuel pump. So, never drive a car when you smell gasoline.

How to Know if Your Car Has a Fluid Leak

Top Bottom