More threads by SS8282

SS8282

There's a van parked in the warehouse for week. It's leaking gas, and the smell is really bad, especially today. We've got the doors and windows open but that helps only so much. I can't get a hold of the owner.

To make things worse, we'va got a heat wave so turning on the a/c is useless - all the cold air just goes outside because of the open doors and windows.

I have a feeling I'll be breathing in the gas all day and probably the rest of the week. What are the effects of breathing in gas? Will it make my asthma worse? My head is feeling yukky, but I don't know if it's because of the gas or the heat.

SS8282

There's a van parked in the warehouse for week. It's leaking gas, and the smell is really bad, especially today. We've got the doors and windows open but that helps only so much. I can't get a hold of the owner.

To make things worse, we'va got a heat wave so turning on the a/c is useless - all the cold air just goes outside because of the open doors and windows.

I have a feeling I'll be breathing in the gas all day and probably the rest of the week. What are the effects of breathing in gas? Will it make my asthma worse? My head is feeling yukky, but I don't know if it's because of the gas or the heat.

SS8282

I can't go anywhere else. It's where I work. I know who the van belongs to and that person has lots of problems, both personal and business - long stories. His cell isn't working, and I don't have the number of where he's staying. I can step outside for a bit, though there's a smog alert. *sigh*

SS8282

I can't go anywhere else. It's where I work. I know who the van belongs to and that person has lots of problems, both personal and business - long stories. His cell isn't working, and I don't have the number of where he's staying. I can step outside for a bit, though there's a smog alert. *sigh*

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I would strongly suggest that you report this to the health department. In Canada (or at least Ontario), there is also WHMIS, which is responsible for workplace health and safety issues -- if there is a department similar to that in your area, contact them.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I would strongly suggest that you report this to the health department. In Canada (or at least Ontario), there is also WHMIS, which is responsible for workplace health and safety issues -- if there is a department similar to that in your area, contact them.

HA

I would be more concerned with a fire from gas leaks then the fumes. Call your fire department and they will assess for danger and take appropriate action to clear the danger if need be.

HA

I would be more concerned with a fire from gas leaks then the fumes. Call your fire department and they will assess for danger and take appropriate action to clear the danger if need be.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.