More threads by Robyn

Robyn

I'm so embarrased... I just had someone come and pick up a cake (I make cakes on the side) and I coud barely speak to them without clenching my jaw and looking like an idiot. I know they liked the cake so it wasn't that. I started a new job (part-time) on Friday and haven't been able to speak very well since. I hate this and the more I try to deal with it, the worse it gets. :(:(:(
I just joined today and introduced myself in that forum so my background story is there. Just would love some advice on how to deal with this as I'm becoming so so depressed. It's controlling my life now. I'm terrified to go back to work again on Tuesday. :(

Yuray

You said you started a part time job on Friday, and are terrified to go back on Tuesday. Was your speech impaired when you didn't have a job?

I know they liked the cake
Good! perhaps in time, you can teach us a thing or two about baking:)

Robyn

I'm actually changing jobs right now, from one hospital clerical job to another hospital. In my last position, I'd go through a couple weeks of impared speech then it would get better for a while, then come back again, etc. Maybe it gets worse with stress, PMS, I don't know.

Have you seen a doctor maybe get something prescribed to help you with you anxiety at work. Also maybe a therapist who can teach you some coping skills in regards to anxiety like deep breathing it works. I understand how stressful clerical jobs can get withing a hospital setting crazy really but i hope you can get some help okay maybe just ask GP about getting something to help you.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.