More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"Everything happens for a reason" - and other lies I've loved
Kate Bowler, TEDTalks
July 2, 2019

In life's toughest moments, how do you go on living? Kate Bowler has been exploring this question ever since she was diagnosed with stage IV cancer at age 35. In a profound, heartbreaking and unexpectedly funny talk, she offers some answers - challenging the idea that "everything happens for a reason" and sharing hard-won wisdom about how to make sense of the world after your life is suddenly, completely changed. "I believe that in the darkness, even there, there will be beauty and there will be love," she says.

What a beautiful person i pray that this medicine heals her. She is right there is no logic or reason. It is her own spirit and strength that will get her through the hard times. I am glad she feels loved and i hope she continues to feel that love surrounding her.

"Everything happens for a reason" - and other lies I've loved
Kate Bowler, TEDTalks
July 2, 2019

In life's toughest moments, how do you go on living? Kate Bowler has been exploring this question ever since she was diagnosed with stage IV cancer at age 35. In a profound, heartbreaking and unexpectedly funny talk, she offers some answers - challenging the idea that "everything happens for a reason" and sharing hard-won wisdom about how to make sense of the world after your life is suddenly, completely changed. "I believe that in the darkness, even there, there will be beauty and there will be love," she says.

Thanks for this inspirational story. I pray that she will be fully healed. I admire her strength and her humor despite the disease. It's true, everything happens for a reason.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.