More threads by adaptive1

adaptive1

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I know I must drive you guys crazy, it seems like I am always involved with some obsessive activity or thoughts. Lately though I have been feeling really good, I attribute alot of it to intense exercising, this fitness boot camp I have been doing in the morning and then I usually go for a walk in the evening or try and do another shorter round of exercise like swimming or something. But lately I feel anxious if I have to miss a day of exercise, my knee was hurting me so much yesterday that I had to skip exercising and it really made me feel anxious. As soon as I got up this morning though, I jumped on my treadmill and ran as fast as I could for quite awhile. I am consantly thinking about how can I add in more exercise into my day. It makes me feel so good and I get kind of a rush from it, and it seems healthy enough and positive. But, I do have a tendency to get addicted to things so I just want to be sure that I am not heading down that path. It is better than have a depressing obsession or an unhealthy obsession, but I kind of feel I am thinking about it alot. Do you think its ok if it makes me happier and more productive to exercise as much as I want?

whenever i do have an exercise routine in place i do find it makes me feel better, and i can feel the difference in me when i stop.

from what i hear from other people they too really don't like missing a day once they've been exercising regularly for a while, simply because they really feel a difference.

it is quite possible this is what you are experiencing, the normal anxiety from not doing the exercise. for now i think you're ok, unless it is something you start to think about at all moments of your day.

adaptive1

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
hey thanks into the light, just trying to learn from my mistakes and not take this to excess, since this isnt causing me any distress and infact the oppostite, I think you are totally right.

Sparrow

Hi Adaptive1,

Your post got me thinking of good obsessions vs. bad ones and too much of a good thing. What about turning a good obsession into just a good habit? That way you keep the structure and don't go to extremes.
I know if I go to some extremes, it can become just a flash in the pan or an amusing distraction that I can burn into the ground.

From a gerbil that ran away from the treadmill. :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.