More threads by Teenanxiety

I have a fear of showers. I will take them but if my eyes get closed. I panic. I am so scared that someones in there and going to kill me. I have had to run out of shower once due to it. I was wondering if anyone has advice or knows what I am going threw. I wasnt afraid of showers when I was little. Had a night mare and have been afraid ever since. The same thing happend with attics. Ive never had to go in an attic so ok for now

eva

MVP
I'm no expert, but I think it's normal for some people to get skittish about bathing no matter how old they are. You're standing (or sitting) alone, naked in an isolated part of your home where there's nothing in the immediately vicinity that you can defend yourself with.

I don't personally fear being attacked in the shower, but I'm insecure about some parts of my body and I hate the idea of having to stand naked and deal with all my flaws. Makes me feel vulnerable.

To answer your question, I think that kind of fear can happen at any age and that it's understandable.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.