More threads by SilverRaven

SilverRaven

I am feeling depressed today yet...last night was a good night at first...I had a lot of laughs watching a video ..which I had some good laughs from reading posts on here in the funny section I call it...but when I tried to go to bed hubby and I argued a lot..now he blames me for blaming him for things..I just ignored him after blowing up on him...but I get up today the sun is shinning its been warm out would love to be able to do something I enjoy which is taking pictures of the areas beauty..but feel alot of anxiety and sadness...I should just go out and do it maybe it would make me smile..but feeling apprehensive about when he gets up...I shouldn't think about that right now cause it's not here yet but I am...just feeling sad and lonely right now...thinking about my kids and wondering what they're doing this weekend...well I think I will try to do something ...should be journaling or something like I use to..who knows maybe today will be a good day for all I know I will think of that at least try to...

Yuray

Re: feeling down but not out

.I should just go out and do it maybe it would make me smile

Go for it:) Your husbands reaction will be what it will be, whatever that is, but I doubt it will any worse than anything else he has acted upon. Deal with it when he gets up, after you are revitalized by a beautiful sunny day! (and tell him what a beautiful opportunity he slept through)

SilverRaven

went to an antique store ...looked around at all the pretty things there and talked to the lady for over an hour...well hubby did most of the talking I looked around and was pretty anxious but I did ok...he bought me a table runner which is really pretty although he shouldnt have even thou it was 10 dollars...but it will look nice on my buffet that I have...its an antique to..wish I could afford to have it refinished along with my antique vanity I have...one day maybe...

Glad you got something nice for yourself I like antiques as well. I don't really refinish mine i like the distress look i think it adds a bit of character to the piece take care

Yuray

I agree with Violet regarding maintaining the distressed look of antiques. It has a history with every blemish. There is something sublime aesthetically, and every scar has a story to wonder or fantasize about, and your new runner will be part of the story in time. A free trip back in time without Mr Peabody and Sherman!

Mister Peabody - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SilverRaven

Yeah I like the look of the distressed to but these are losing the venier on them...mostly due to my son when he was little picking at it and pulling it off...so i just want to get that redone but the rest of it I plan on leaving the way it is..they really are in great shape and dont need any work done to them other than the venier...

Retired

I agree with ......maintaining the distressed look of antiques. It has a history with every blemish. There is something sublime aesthetically, and every scar has a story to wonder or fantasize about

Sounds like my wife's description of me...:eek:

SilverRaven

yeah my daughter says I'm ancient...Im not that old yet..lol....I loved going to my grandparents house every year ...their place smelled awesome with all the antiques they had in their house ...he use to refinish them and sell them or just sell what he found...place was so cool..I loved going to the flea markets with him and looking at all the old stuff and new stuff and got lots of stuff at a bargain ...I sure do miss him so much...MISS YOU GRANDPA...hugs and kisses ...take good care of my baby girls up there with ya...muah...:)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.