More threads by Jazzey

Jazzey

Account Closed
This is a weird question. I'm just wondering if anyone else can spend an entire day feeling that nothing 'feels' real. Almost a dreamlike quality to everything.

I don't know if it's part of PTSD or not.

Andy

MVP
Hi Displaced,

I don't know much about PTSD but it wouldn't surprise me if disconnecting/detaching (wrong words ?) would be a symptom.

I have at times in my life felt this way. As though things are surreal etc.

Jazzey

Account Closed
thank you, STP. I don't know either.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

ohhh.....please delete this..

I'm sorry.

Andy

MVP
No need to apologize Displaced. I am sorry, my deleting that had nothing to do with you and everything to do with me. :eek:
Your post was not weird at all, it's a very good question, a hard to explain feeling yet I am sure there are many people out there that wonder about the same thing, so it's great that you brought it up.:2thumbs:

Again, I am sorry, I hope I didn't make you feel as though you wrote something wrong, I should have pm'd you to explain why I did that. I re-added my post. :support:

Usually it's when I don't get enough sleep, and I have a migraine, and I have to go to work. I drink caffeine to stay semi-alert after my migraine medication, because I am supposed to be helping customers on the phone fix something with their computer or their cell phone. It feels like I'm not really there... I feel detached and my concentration levels are ridiculous. I know I should probably stay home, but because of our company taking away our hours, plus I have barely any sick time left from a 2-week stint of being sick that I can't really afford not to be at work.

Hi Displaced,
Maybe what you were feeling could this be likened to this.. derealization
What is derealization? Derealization is the sense of the world not being real. Some people say the world looks phony, foggy, far away, or as if seen through a veil. Some people describe seeing the world as if they are detached, or as if they were watching a movie
Dissociative Disorders-What you need to know-FAQs

Derealization (sometimes abbreviated as DR) is an alteration in the perception or experience of the external world so that it seems strange or unreal.
Derealization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.