• Quote of the Day
    "Healing might not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn't you,
    all of the expectations, all of the beliefs, and changing into who you are."
    Rachel Naomi Remen, M.D. , posted by Daniel

ladylore

Account Closed
Tomorrow (August 23rd), I celebrate my first year anniversary being clean and sober. It feels like the past year has been both 5 yrs and 5 months. So much has changed. I have an official celebration on Sunday but also wanted to let you all know too, as the forum has become important to me both personally and for my recovery.

I had a session with my psychiatrist yesterday. I am experiencing more depression lately then not; I was telling him I don't know what symptoms are because of the PTSD or the addiction. He smiled and said it is one in the same especially because of my abuse history.

I still have mood swings but my life is so much better these days since I have been clean. Anyways, I hope all of you are keeping well and staying gentle with yourselves. The journey for me has been worth it.

:cake:

Ladylore

Halo

Happy Birthday Ladylore and congratulations on your 1st anniversary. :birthday:

Enjoy your celebration on Sunday!! :D

Take care :heart:
:hug: :hug:

David Baxter

Administrator
Well done, Ladylore! That is a significant accomplishment and one you should be very proud of. :2thumbs:

Retired

Tomorrow (August 23rd), I celebrate my first year anniversary being clean and sober.

Congratulations, Ladylore! You have every reason to be proud of your accomplishment.

:yahoo:

ThatLady

:yahoo: Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary, ladylore! It's an accomplishment of which you should be very, very proud! :)

ladylore, what a story. you should be very proud of yourself!! congratulations and here's to many more anniversaries! :thewave:

ladylore

Account Closed
It was fantastic and the cake was yummy:D It really was a special day... Gift now is the computer in my place is in working condition again :dance: So you will be hearing from me a heck of alot more often.

Ladylore

Thanks again.

:birthday2: Happy first Ladylore! Enjoy your baby steps one step at a time. I'm still wearing a diaper myself (5 months). :)

Lord bless,

Jos?e

Halo

I am glad that you had a great celebration and most importantly that you got your compter fixed :yahoo:

ladylore

Account Closed
Forgtremember, congratulations of 5 months. Thats a big step in and of itself. Very cool. :D

The only draw back was the day after. All my senses were hightened to the point where it was painful to my system even to talk on the phone. I haven't felt that kind of sensitivity for a couple months.

So basically I hibernated for a couple of days and now my hearing is just starting to calm down. Maybe its was the cake itself, I have no idea. But other then the after affects, the day was fantastic.

Ladylore

HA

That is a job well done, Ladylore! :band:

Congratulations!
:flowers:

Top Bottom