More threads by Halo

foghlaim

hurray... i got in at last ... these last few days have been really bad, trying to log in or trying to view a thread.. almost impossible.. even got booted a few times.
Wasn't gonna try again for a few days , but curiousity got the better of me.. so i tried "Once more"and lo and behold..tis loading like normal.. I really hope it's sorted!

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I don't think it is sorted, fog, but I have the new hosting set up. Now I need to transfer all the files and databases over the next few days and then reset the DNS pointers. I think most of our server issues will be solved with this move - it's a different company with a better reputation for reliavbility and support and the move to a private server will, I think, solve most of the problems we've been experiencing.

foghlaim

oh No!!
You have a lot of work ahead of you ... I hope it will prove to be worth it. But won't this private company cost more to host the site? but whatever happens it's gotta be better than the difficulties that are happening at the min.

good luck with the change over.. :)

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Yes, it will cost more. It will go from about $100 USD per year to $50 USD per month for hosting. But I'm anticipating that it will avoid all the down time we've been experiencing, and that will make it worth it.

foghlaim

Jeeze, that is so much more expensive.... If it does do the job then it'll be worth the move.
Can i just say :-

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to keep this site floating properly.
I know for me, it was getting so exasperating that i was almost giving up on here. Now i can relax again on this front!.

Thank you :)

(even just now trying to post this msg, i got thrown out again.. aagh!!)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.