More threads by bloodwood

bloodwood

Full Member, Forum Supporter
If you need to fax a document try Fax Zero. These days more people are going to a cell phone household without a phone line.
The good thing about these guys is that you don't need a phone line or a fax/printer machine... and it is free. You do need some kind of internet connection.

Free Fax • Free Internet Faxing

I have used it a few times when I could not email the document. It adds an ad banner to your fax cover page but that is fair since it is free. It works great anywhere in Canada and US.

Retired

I've beeen using Fax Zero for a year with great success and no failures to deliver.

It's free for three pages (jpg, pdf or doc) attachments plus the cover sheet, up to 5 free faxes per day. If you need more, it's $1.99 for up to 15 pages with no ad banner.

As you said, it's a great way to send faxes bwcause no fax machine is required, just scan your documents, or photograph the attachment or use a Word document, attach it to the fax and it's done.

bloodwood

I had forgotten or was unaware of the page limitation. We found it just fill a need nicely for quick and easy stuff. Some places will accept transmission by email but a few seemed to want to stick to the fax. Perhaps a legal issue.

Retired

I've used Fax Zero for a variety of transaction types, including faxes to banks, government offices and my pharmacy. I've even used the paid version ($1.99) using PayPal and every time the fax succeeded and was usually received within fifteen minutes of sending.

Fax Zero seems to be part of a network of similar services that provide free services that include an ad banner.

Example is a link to Free Printables. The site has loads of documents you can download and customize for free, if you don't mind the site's URL in tiny print on the bottom, or for a small fee you can download an ad free version.

bloodwood

The printable site has a lot of well done documents. Gems like this can remain unknown sometimes.
There is a company here in Ottawa Ontario who will give you 600 free business card and then hope you will buy a variety of their other business items. Apparently a good deal.

Peter

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.