More threads by Cat Dancer

So scary to the point I'm afraid to go to sleep tonight. It was so real and so very scary. I was trying to find the phone to dial 911 in the dream, but couldn't find it. People were breaking into the house to "get" us. It was awful and way too real.

that sounds awful. i don't really have any suggestions for you but i didn't want to leave your post unanswered.

sending you lots of hugs. :hug::hug:

Halo

That does sound aweful and frightening. Just wanted to say that I hope that you are able to get a good night's sleep tonight :zzz:

Take care
:hug: :hug:

Banned

Banned
Hi Janet,

I know how scary those nightmares can be. They can leave us awake and terrified for hours, can't they? Sometimes I tell myself I am thankful that I know it was just a nightmare, and that it's not true, and it isn't happening, and that helps me go back to sleep. Along with some warm milk with a bit of vanilla for flavour.

I hope you have a good sleep tonight.

lallieth

Janet..I know how that feels for real,I went through it and so I know how scary it can be..thank goodness for you it was just a bad dream

ladylore

Account Closed
Hi Janet - I have had those nightmares too. And many of them have come after a good period. My own therapist has told me that yes some dreams do mean something but most are just those dreams - and mean nothing. She also said that it could be my mind's way of pushing me back in a box - after a good phase - like my brain is hotwired to distrust anything that is good and to find the danger in any place. It hasn't happened in a while thank goodness.

I know you have been feeling better, so I am wondering if this is just your minds way of trying to get you back in the box. They could also be only dreams too.

Your doing great. :):hug:

Thanks for all your well wishes and good thoughts. I had some more nightmares last night, but not quite as bad.

Do you feel like you're in a state of constant emergency inside? What is hard to reach?

I do feel like I'm in a constant state of emergency. Always on alert for something bad to happen. It's hard to reach a place of safety and peace. It just isn't there. For now.

braveheart

I know some of what that's like. It took me so long to be able to visualise a safe place. I can now, although it doesn't always come easily. I always have a like guided fantasy of my safe place running through my head before I go to sleep.

thephoenix

Hi Janet, sorry to hear about your nightmares. I had such troubling nightmares on Tuesday that it took me a couple of days to shake the feeling of dread and fear.

I don't really have any advice for you, other than to maybe pay attention to what you eat or drink before bed because in my experience that can have a powerful impact on your dreams. (eg cheese nightmares)

good luck and feel better

Aurora

Dreams - I partly believe - are a way of the brain shaping and sorting the days experiences,putting them in order,fathoming them out if you like.

Only you - the dreamer can interpret them specifically ;) (I can refer to my copious library of interpretation dream books though if you`d like me to :dimples:)

Of course outside factors can have a lot to do with the level of intensity and fear such as alcohol,caffeine,cheese etc
Dreams like this are very scary and vivid and can have an impact on our waking life but they belong in a box so you can carry on moving forwards,onwards and upwards :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.