More threads by itsnotactuallyme

so i basically googled 'psychology forums' and came across this site. point is i'm 18 years old and i think i have a personality disorder or a mix of two.. i had a disturbing, intense experience two days ago as i was travelling to class in which i experienced some sort of 'mental attack' in which i somehow felt myself to be on the brink of insanity..so it was basically after i did some research on wikipedia about personality disorders that i came across two which i felt reflected my nature: scizoid and avoidant..Overall, it's in my understanding that these personality traits within myself may most likely have contributed to my lack of friendship connections, a matter which i have pondering about many years now.. so i guess i basically had not much elsewhere to turn to which is why i thought of this specific medium for expressing myself..

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
i did some research on wikipedia about personality disorders that i came across two which i felt reflected my nature: scizoid and avoidant.

It's unlikely -- at least statistically -- that you have a personality disorder. Problems with having no friends or a lack of socialization are increasingly common among adolescents and young adults. It's never been easier and more "affordable" to be isolated from other people, with video games, the Internet, and TVs acting as surrogates for in-person socialization.

...a matter which i have pondering about many years now.

Do you have any friends now? If not, when was the last time you had a friend? Have you considered seeing a school mental health counselor or, better yet, asking your parents for you to see a therapist about your shyness?

Last edited:

stargazer

I can't say whether you do, or do not, have a personality disorder -- but welcome to the forum, itsnotactuallyme. People here are pretty nice, and I hope this will be a good place for you.

Retired

Welcome to Psychlinks, itsnotactuallyme! Hope you find the information you're looking for here.

Feel free to jump into any ongoing discussion or start one of your own.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.