More threads by Lana

Lana

Hello Everyone;
I have a deep and intense curiosity about human behavior and have been gorging my appetite to know more through books and finding information online. It all began wanting to understand what causes people to react one way or another, especially myself. It is how I discovered that psychology is really a passion of mine, one I hope to pursue in University (after I beat my self-sabotaging demons with a stick).

I stumbled onto this forum clicking on various links, and spent hours reading. (I wonder if this qualifies me as an addict...LOL) It’s wonderful! So I thought I’d sign up, learn, and share.

Thank you for this forum, I look forward to reading and learning.

Welcome Lana!

I am in my 2nd year of Psychology Bsc, and I am LOVIN' EVERY MINUTE OF IT. It has been the 2nd best descision of my life!

Piffel to your deamons...(isn't that easy to say).... I don't know what they are, but I had a couple to, (out of school 4 years, bad grades when i was there, low confidence in writing, and academics generally, etc) Just get in there and do it, because you want to!

ttyl

Lana

Thank you David and Robin for the warm welcome! :)

Ahhh demons...they're sticky buggers. I have been out of formal school for over 10 years now and employed full-time, taking odd work related courses here and there. Ironically, I work in a technical field so the transition from digging into hardware to digging into human mind and soul is a scary one at times. I applied a couple of years ago and my application was accepted. However, I chickened out and didn't move forward with it. Instead, I took a course to become a certified NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) Practitioner. It's a fascinating subject and I don't regret it for a moment. Aside from being out of school, my not getting any younger (I'm in my late 30's), funding, I was working through some difficult issues (that I may share at a later time). That's where NLP was more helpful and helped solidify my interest in pursuing psychology, despite my apprehensions.

I suspect that those were my excuse at the time. So, now I'm all out of excuses with a few demons left. LOL Time to move.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Ironically, I work in a technical field so the transition from digging into hardware to digging into human mind and soul is a scary one at times.

At least in science fiction, there could be software that works like a virus checker for the mind, detecting and filtering out cognitive distortions, etc.

I guess an advantage to working in the technical field is that the more logical side of the brain may also be the more positive side.

Lana

Daniel said:
At least in science fiction, there could be software that works like a virus checker for the mind, detecting and filtering out cognitive distortions, etc.

Yes, but real world is just so...unpredictable. :)

Lana

LOL! *in a Matrix tone* so which pill do you wish to take? The red one, or the blue one?

(of course, I can't remember which one did what)

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"One pill makes you bigger
and the other one makes you small
and the ones your mother gives you
don't do anything at all
go ask Alice
when you're 10 feet tall..."

Jefferson Airplane, White Rabbit

Ash

Welcome, Lana! It's nice to read your opinions. And of course, it's never too late to start again. You have to go with your passion.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.