More threads by BMissouri

BMissouri

Hello everyone! I am new here. I guess this is the place to introduce yourself and open up to everyone.
I am a 28 year old female. I was diagnosed with Boderline Personality Disorder. I guess that means I am on the borderline of having a personality..lol..I am a cutter and have been off and on since I was 13. Some days are easier than others. Its good I found this place because here I can talk to others who understand me. I cant talk to my family. They dont know I cut. I have kept it hidden pretty well. My shrink knows because I have told him, my boyfriend knows because he caught me. I wanted so bad to tell a friend of mine. After getting on the subject I made a comment to the effect of "I used to cut myself" (I still was but was just testing the conversation waters) her reply was "Why in the world would you do that? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard". The conversaton was dropped and I never brought it up again. So here, I can talk about it and that in itself might relieve some stress.
I was molested by a family member from the ages of 3-8, so was my sister. My mother knew (I believe) but did not seek help for my brother until he molested "someone elses kids". After I grew up I tried to ask the family member about it, he denied it TO MY FACE! He is a registered sex offender now, he was never charged for the molestation on his family members.
I tried going to school for psychology but its not a right time for me right now. I believe I need to "Fix" myself before I can help anyone else.
Thank you all for letting me join here.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.