More threads by lustorlove

Hi all,

I am a Mother of 2.. My son is 19 yrs old and suffers from many problems (rage disorder, separation anxiety, anti-social, depression, ADHD etc..) i found this site while looking for support groups, cause sometimes its hard to just deal with all of these things by yourself.

My son is suppose to take respirdal but after his researching the internet he refuses to take it, hence he is self medicating which is known by the medical community and documented. I am regularly fixing holes in my walls and the outbursts are very exhausting most times. I am trying to understand everything that he goes through, but i must admit sometimes it's hard to understand how one person can have so much anger. I feel like someone has stolen my son, when and why did he become so unhappy.

It has not helped that we live in social housing, where really and truly they do not care about the environment that the tenants live in. For 10 + years they did not care about the 50 something yr old woman that would harass, threaten, verbally abuse, follow, video tape, take their pictures and try to run over with her car, till she left a message about how she was going to take and dispose of the kids in the neighbourhood, finally after 10 + years the police did voice printing, she plea bargained and got 1 yr house arrest and not allowed back in the region.

I had my son diagnosed through the Canadian Mental Health Association, but now i have to find a way to get my son back get. I hope by reading some of other peoples aliments and problems i will find some sort of solution for my son. I have to save him, but realize i cannot do it on my own. Sorry for venting but i am frustrated and very tired!! Any idea's are most welcomed, I love my kids and would go to the end of the world and back for them. I am also trying to help my daughter (16) understand her brothers illnesses as well. She finds it hard considering she is a social butterfly!!

Halo

Hi Lustor and welcome to Psychlinks :welcome2:

I am happy that you decided to join us and I hope to see you around :wave:

Retired

Hello Lustorlove,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you are dealing with.

My son is suppose to take respirdal but after his researching the internet he refuses to take it, hence he is self medicating

What were his concerns about taking the prescribed risperdal (Risperidone) and how is he self medicating?

Information on risperdal (Risperidone) is HERE

Sometimes when researching medications on the internet, misleading information is presented in what appears to be a credible manner. The source and credibility of the information on the internet must be verified, to avoid self serving misleading claims.

Is your son still being followed by a physician?

Sorry for venting but i am frustrated and very tired!!

Feel free to vent here, and never a need to apologize. It's easy to understand why you would be tired.

welcome to the forum, lustorlove :) i am sorry you have so much to worry about in your life. i hope we can be of help in terms of support and maybe suggestions on how to solve problems you may run into for you.

ThatLady

:welcome: , Lustor. We're glad you're here. Hopefully, we'll be able to offer you the support you need. You've really got a lot to try to deal with. :hug:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.