More threads by Dagens24

Dagens24

Hi, I was wondering if maybe somebody could help me identify a phobia. My current girlfriend recently told me of a fear she’s had for as long as she can remember. Apparently her fear is of the thought of, or feeling of, holding a small stick, like a twig, in one hand while holding a big rock in the other hand. I’m not exactly sure if this is a phobia or what. Anyway, apparently even the thought of this, especially when she was little, freaks her out, apparently to the point where she has almost fainted over it. I would really like to know if anyone has any information on or about anything relating to this. I really would like to help her better understand this (plus I’m fascinated). I also would like to figure out what this means or how she could have developed it. On a side note (as it might be relevant), she has suffered from depression in the past, and also has been known to cut herself (previously due to depression and stress, now just stress, but she is trying to stop). Also, her mother suffers from schizophrenia so there’s the off chance she may too have it (apparently unlikely). Anyway, any help with this subject would be very greatly appreciated, although I doubt anyone can help with this.

Dagens24

Hi, I was wondering if maybe somebody could help me identify a phobia. My current girlfriend recently told me of a fear she’s had for as long as she can remember. Apparently her fear is of the thought of, or feeling of, holding a small stick, like a twig, in one hand while holding a big rock in the other hand. I’m not exactly sure if this is a phobia or what. Anyway, apparently even the thought of this, especially when she was little, freaks her out, apparently to the point where she has almost fainted over it. I would really like to know if anyone has any information on or about anything relating to this. I really would like to help her better understand this (plus I’m fascinated). I also would like to figure out what this means or how she could have developed it. On a side note (as it might be relevant), she has suffered from depression in the past, and also has been known to cut herself (previously due to depression and stress, now just stress, but she is trying to stop). Also, her mother suffers from schizophrenia so there’s the off chance she may too have it (apparently unlikely). Anyway, any help with this subject would be very greatly appreciated, although I doubt anyone can help with this.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I can't say I've ever heard of a phobia like that. However, phobias can be very individual... they are not necessarily based on direct experience but can be.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I can't say I've ever heard of a phobia like that. However, phobias can be very individual... they are not necessarily based on direct experience but can be.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.