More threads by sad soul

sad soul

I am in my late 20s and am glad to find something like this site ,,,i hope to get some support and give my support to others

i was abused at a very young age and having tried to come to terms with this i have found my life heading in funny directions, i have no trust in anyone

i recently saw my abuser and had to try and act normal even though he is now old and fragile , i told a member of my family about him and they turned around and told me to forget it ,,,,then in a heated argument with a family member i am told that i deserved it maybe!!! i just feel very let down with life and have been very low recently....

just wanted to chat to someone and maybe i can now.......:noidea:

Re: Hi I have just joined ,,,,a sad soul ,,,,

welcome sad soul :wave4:

i am really sorry for what happened to you, and especially being dismissed and being told that you maybe deserved it. that is a horrible thing to say to a person.

unfortunately it is not that unusual it seems for people like you to have that kind of a reaction, from what i've read. so as difficult and painful as this may be, i hope that that maybe is some sort of consolation - you are not the only one who's had a response like that.

finally i just wanted to say you did NOT deserve that. never in a million years. no one deserves that kind of pain and humiliation. whoever said those hurtful things clearly is not going to be supportive. i hope that maybe you will be able to find someone else in your life who can be. do you have any friends you can talk to?

Retired

Welcome to Psychlinks, SS! We're glad you have joined us. Feel free to join in any ongoing discussion or start one of your own.

then in a heated argument with a family member i am told that i deserved it maybe

Of course this is an absurd remark that was made by someone who seems terribly insensitive. No one deserves to be abused, physically, verbally or emotionally.

Have you ever considered receiving therapy to help come to terms with your abuse and your depressed mood?

:welcome2:

Mike902

Welcome...

I too have been abused, physically, emotionally, and sexually.
I know how it is, and know what its like being told I deserved it.

But, we did NOT deserve it, and those who think we did are stupid, insensitive fools that don't have any idea what its like to go through what we did.

Halo

Hi Sad Soul and welcome to Psychlinks :welcome2:

I am glad that you decided to join us and I hope to see you around :wave:

Hi Sad Soul... I can relate to running into the "abuser" at a later point. That happened to me a few years ago and I just froze. It's actually happened to me twice (2 separate people) and the second one I was also told that I was either lying or asking for it. It's hard when people around us make these kind of remarks, but they are ignorant and even though it's been significantly harder, we are wiser about certain aspects of life because of it.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.