More threads by shadow25

shadow25

Hey. I found this site in my research for an English project and found this neat that people can express theirselves and I decided I want to join too.

I've chosen the name shadow for a specific reason because in my life, I feel like I'm a shadow to others for a long time. I'm usually left out from activities with family when I was young, like when my cousins went to play games, I was always left behind or my parents would always kind of ignore me and focuses more on my older brother or younger sister. I've thought that it's might be normal being the middle child and all. I soon got used to it, being ignored by them, but it saddens me sometimes. Mostly because they are very important to me and I would like for them to pay more attention to my achievements once in a while.

I've also been the silent one in school for all my life and it was until around high school that I started having outbursts, yelling and screaming to people a lot. I then remembered I read once about how people develope more psychological problems or somthing around their senior years of high school and that got me worried that I might have a possibilty or going insane around that time, but I'm not really sure because since I'm in my teen years, I know that I'm in a very emotional state so I really don't know.

shadow25

Hey. I found this site in my research for an English project and found this neat that people can express theirselves and I decided I want to join too.

I've chosen the name shadow for a specific reason because in my life, I feel like I'm a shadow to others for a long time. I'm usually left out from activities with family when I was young, like when my cousins went to play games, I was always left behind or my parents would always kind of ignore me and focuses more on my older brother or younger sister. I've thought that it's might be normal being the middle child and all. I soon got used to it, being ignored by them, but it saddens me sometimes. Mostly because they are very important to me and I would like for them to pay more attention to my achievements once in a while.

I've also been the silent one in school for all my life and it was until around high school that I started having outbursts, yelling and screaming to people a lot. I then remembered I read once about how people develope more psychological problems or somthing around their senior years of high school and that got me worried that I might have a possibilty or going insane around that time, but I'm not really sure because since I'm in my teen years, I know that I'm in a very emotional state so I really don't know.

shadow25 said:
I've chosen the name shadow for a specific reason because in my life, I feel like I'm a shadow to others for a long time. I'm usually left out from activities with family when I was young, like when my cousins went to play games, I was always left behind or my parents would always kind of ignore me and focuses more on my older brother or younger sister. I've thought that it's might be normal being the middle child and all.

Hi, I don't know how true this is, but I remember my Dad saying to me on a couple of occasions that being the second child in the family, I'm more inclined to be independent and sometimes rebellious. He was a sociology major at uni and said this "second child syndrome" was well known among sociologists. I guess it's a good thing to be independent and not need to rely on others all the time. But I get what you mean by feeling ignored. When I was younger, I always felt like my parents didn't care about how good my grades were, like they expected I'd do well just cause my older brother didn't. Or they focused all their attention on him cause he was a jerk whereas I didn't do things that I wasn't supposed to.

shadow25 said:
I've chosen the name shadow for a specific reason because in my life, I feel like I'm a shadow to others for a long time. I'm usually left out from activities with family when I was young, like when my cousins went to play games, I was always left behind or my parents would always kind of ignore me and focuses more on my older brother or younger sister. I've thought that it's might be normal being the middle child and all.

Hi, I don't know how true this is, but I remember my Dad saying to me on a couple of occasions that being the second child in the family, I'm more inclined to be independent and sometimes rebellious. He was a sociology major at uni and said this "second child syndrome" was well known among sociologists. I guess it's a good thing to be independent and not need to rely on others all the time. But I get what you mean by feeling ignored. When I was younger, I always felt like my parents didn't care about how good my grades were, like they expected I'd do well just cause my older brother didn't. Or they focused all their attention on him cause he was a jerk whereas I didn't do things that I wasn't supposed to.

shadow25

Hey, thanks for that advice. It helps to here hear (or read) people telling to to stay happy even when you're down. So, again thanks.

I've also found myself being more agressive recently, like when I hear or listen to my sister or brother talk, I suddenly get mad, become very irritable and annoyed, like I want to snap back at them or hurt them. I've been always occasionally mad at them, but now I recently become more easily annoyed and in a bad mood more often. It also doesn't help when they always make fun of me, I'm mostly the one everyone in my family to pick on. Don't know why though.
I try to hold my anger by ignoring but it's starting to not help. I just hope I'll find a way to calm down soon, don't want to be too stressful and messup with my school work.

shadow25

Hey, thanks for that advice. It helps to here hear (or read) people telling to to stay happy even when you're down. So, again thanks.

I've also found myself being more agressive recently, like when I hear or listen to my sister or brother talk, I suddenly get mad, become very irritable and annoyed, like I want to snap back at them or hurt them. I've been always occasionally mad at them, but now I recently become more easily annoyed and in a bad mood more often. It also doesn't help when they always make fun of me, I'm mostly the one everyone in my family to pick on. Don't know why though.
I try to hold my anger by ignoring but it's starting to not help. I just hope I'll find a way to calm down soon, don't want to be too stressful and messup with my school work.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.