More threads by Retired

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Thank you for asking! There are a number of Christmas festivities going on in our neighborhood, and we decided to pass on the gator this year in favor of the old favorite...turkey!

We'll be sharing Christmas dinner with some friends on The Day.

However this week, our street place luminaries all along the length of the street, our homes will be decorated, some will play Christmas music, and at the end of the street we will be hosting the neighborhood with cookies and cider, with an expected visit from Mr. and Mrs. Claus.

This weekend we went to the center of town where the annual Christmas parade took place, which we preceded with our annual tailgate Xmas party.

As for the dominoes...well the men are still trying to figure out why the women keep beating us at the game.:red:

IAC we expect to have a wonderful time during the Holidays visiting with friends and telephoning family and friends who live elsewhere.

:cool2:

Sounds amazing! I like the neighbourhood cookies and cider festivities and lights idea!

I live in Toronto, so the Santa Clause Parade is a bit too much for me with the crowds :blush:

So... no roast gator with stuffing? :confused:

Maybe we should call TSOW the Aligator Hunter :teehee:

Swish is a make of curtain rails and poles here :D

Im not celebrating christmas its a hard time for me for many reasons and a lonely time, will be glad whens its over, trying very hard to avoid it. Hope everyone else has a good one:)

ladylore

Account Closed
I wanted to wish everyone at Psychlinks Happy Holidays.

I am going away tomorrow to Manitoba to visit my sister. I will be back on January 3rd.

This will be great as we are celebrating Hanukkah (starts Dec 23 this year), Ukrainian Christmas which means we will have a feast on Christmas Eve and Christmas one Christmas day the way our family celebrated it.

I think it is awesome that we can put so many traditions together and basically have a week long party. :yahoo: :funky:

I have limited access to a computer while I am away but will try my best to pop in during the holidays.

However you plan to spend this time I hope it is restful and brings you lots of joy.

Much love
Ladylore :grouphug4:

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Sounds like a great time planned Ladylore. It is great that both traditions can be enjoyed together.

Have lots of fun in Manitoba. Best wishes to you and yours :D

:hug:

evets3

Keep the fire stoked or thermostat on high, peroggies , cabbage rolls , and turkey and trimmins, nice walk thru the bush and say hello to all the wildlife, turn thermostat higher, cover up with quilt, dog, cat and Mrs Claus on couch and stay peacefull and warm.
Holiday greetings to everyone and the best to the new year
SteveC

Mari

MVP
Holiday greetings to everyone and the best to the new year

:heart: I will be going Xmas shopping. The first gift I purchased was for my son which I then donated - this cheered me a bit to be able to pick out a gift for him. If anyone has anything that they would like me to pick up I will be happy to do so although please note that it will be with my imaginary money. :2cents: Mari

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.