More threads by NicNak

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I am seeing alot happening in Australia. From heat waves, to fires, to flooding etc.

I am posting to ask how you all are. Hope everyone is safe.

:flowers:

Mari

MVP
I am seeing alot happening in Australia. From heat waves, to fires, to flooding

I just caught a quick look at the news and it did look bad. Hope everyone is okay. :heart: Mari

Meg

Dr. Meg, Global Moderator, Practitioner
MVP
I'm ok here. Hot, but ok! The heat in Adelaide and the fires in Victoria and NSW are pretty incredible, I'm very thankful to be safe from those. It's very nice of you to ask, and I hope that others who may be closer to the danger are ok.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I'm ok here. Hot, but ok! The heat in Adelaide and the fires in Victoria and NSW are pretty incredible, I'm very thankful to be safe from those. It's very nice of you to ask, and I hope that others who may be closer to the danger are ok.

I am glad you are ok Meg :D :hug: Hope the heat breaks a bit for you there soon. Take care of yourself there. Make sure you try to stay cool.

Halo

Glad to hear that you are doing ok Meg and I also hope that the heat breaks soon.

Take care and crank that air conditioner :D
:hug: :hug:

Thanks all.
Glad to hear it's safe where you are, Meg.

It's alright where I am. There have been a couple of fires around nearby suburbs, but nothing too close. Made a bit of an evacuation plan, just in case.
Hope everyone else is doing okay.

amastie

I'm fine also.
Not near the fires, and have plenty of airconditioning to keep me comfortable. I rang yesterday when we had (I think) our hottest day on record - 46.1 degrees to see if there were still going to be rolling stoppages of electricity to conserve oin that but because the weather was to change dramatically today (and it has - much cooler) the electricity hasn't been cut off. Fires happening in outer suburbs. Not watched tv today yet. I must do to see how it's all going.

Thanks for asking :)

Jazzey

Account Closed
Glad to hear everyone is doing ok. :hug: :hug: (if you want some snow you're way, let me know and I'll see what I can do for you - I'm more than willing to share:) )

amastie

Update on the fires before I go to bed.

It's 7,37am Sadly, 108 people have been confirmed dead with more expected to be found as the firefighters are able to access where the fires are underway or have passed. It is said to be Australia's biggest natural disaster. Many more peole are badly burned and more without homes. Half of Victoria is considered a crime scene because a number of the fires have been found to be purposely lit - a terrible tragedy. It hasn't helped that we've had a number of days with the highest temperatures on record. Many people are very angry that some of the fires have been lit purposely lit. The government is making a million dollars available to the survivors and fund-raising has commenced with basic household items are being brought to local community centres to help people left without nothing. Surprisingly, in Queensland, in the north of Australia, it is flooding that they are dealing with.

Those of us safe from the fires send all we can in the way of support and funds etc to help survivors cope.

For now,

amastie

:support: Thanks Amastie for the news up ! I heard how bad and tragic it is over there for you . Thoughts to all victims and their families :hug::hug::hug:

Jazzey

Account Closed
I ditto that sentiment. I'm sending my thoughts to the victims and their families. What a tragedy...

Just to say that I am so very sad that there is so much continueing suffering and tragedy over there . I so very much hope that it will be stabilized as soon as possible . hugs to our friends .

Good to hear personally from you guys, just to know you're safe! I keep hearing more reports on the news... it sounds horrible. Be smart and take good care of yourselves!

amastie

Hi :)

online only for a very short time tonight. Just popping in to say that the news isn't' improving. It is filling all the newscasts, stories of many deaths (around 170 now and more expected, probably over 200). Whole towns burned to the ground. And so many started purposely! *Big* support effort underway. Apparently, even those people who had been well prepared for bush fires from previous experience were caught unprepared for the scale and the spread of this one so many more were caught than would normally have been. A Royal Commission is underway to see what can be learned from this terrible experience for future generations.

Sorry to be the bearer only of sad news.

For now,

amastie

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.