More threads by NicNak

We're hearing quite a bit about it even way over here in the US, Amastie. I don't even know what to say except hang in there and be careful!

amastie

Thanks Charity,
I'm not online nearly as much at present (just low in energy and going to bed very early but will be ok - I'm not threatened by the fires myself)
Certainly, the news of the fires is not good at all. There has never been anything like it before here in Australia - we've certainly had our share of bushfires but this has taken very many by surprise by its voractity and speed. Whole towns are wiped out and the country is pulling together to get help for those left burned and homeless - from a call this morning on the radio for pharmaceutical companies to provide medicines and creams to a call for basics such as toiletries and clothing for people to attend funerals. Tents have been erected for people to have somewhere to sleep (the weather has taken a cool turn here where I live and in other places as well.) In a way, that's a good thing for helping to still the fires, but it also provides another problem for those with no shelter. I never knew how lucky I was living so far away from the bush. I had always dreamt of living in the bush - but not now!
Everone is helping where they can.
All thoughts and prayers are welcome for those struggling to get through ut and, of coruse, those staying in there to help those still in danger.
I will answer only one more message tonight but won't be online much till I feel better myself. Will keep you updated.
For now,
amastie

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.