More threads by Chain Lightning

^^^ditto

He already called me this morning... I'm not budging, he's trying to manipulate me with "I'll just give you all your stuff back" and I said "If you don't want to be my friend then I'll just have to accept that then". He's trying everything. He keeps telling me the same things over and over about how he feels and what he wants and I said "you know, you need to understand how I feel too" He says he does but obviously he is putting his feelings over everything, over logic and my feelings. He still thinks he can work this out. I'm not budging, trying my best to be patient though.

ladylore

Account Closed
Do you have call display? You don't need to answer his calls Chain. I know this is hard but maybe giving both of you space with no contact (a month) he will get the message. Your not his counsellor. Your heart is in the right place but he seem to be manipulating your feelings. If he stays at you enough he can wear you down and say yes just to shut him up.

A little blunt but its what I am hearing.

Lana

Good for you, CL. If it helps, just try to remember that he will say anything to get back what he had. And by that, I don't necessarily mean the relationship he had with you, but the security it offered. When he was with you he didn't take care of himself, much less you. Now, if he wants to be with someone else, he'll have to work on himself more. It's easier for him to avoid it when with you and to threaten self-harm if you push him. In essence, you're doing him (and definately yourself) a huge favour by holding strong. But you know...it's like daylight....it's always darkest before the dawn....he'll wake up eventually.

P.S. LadyLore's right, you don't have to answer his calls. :)

I think that's what's going have to be, just not talk for a while at least. I can't have him calling me just to try and push the issue over and over even though I am saying, no ,no, no.

Halo

CL,

First of all, I think that you made the right decision and did really well by telling him exactly how it is and is going to be. You have to look after yourself first and that is what you are doing. You did great :2thumbs:

I know that distancing yourself from him for a while is probably the best thing to do but it will more than likely be hard. When you care about someone it is difficult but needed. As I said, you need to look after yourself right now.

Keep it up CL...you have our support and strength behind you :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.