More threads by SilverRaven

SilverRaven

I have cut and burned that is obvious SI..but I do other things to relieve pain and was told by ex-friends that I am inflicting injuries to myself...so I guess I am wondering if anything you do to yourself to relieve pain is considered SI even if it cant be seen from the outside...

Andy

MVP
I use to wrist bang. Which isn't something that leaves a permanent scar or anything. Personally, I think that if your doing it as a regular thing to intentionally harm yourself, for a release of emotional pain or any other reason for that matter, then it is a form of self injury.
I am only saying this because you said "It can't be seen from the outside"...If your ingesting something SilverRaven, that can be extremely dangerous. Not that anything else can't be, but if your doing that, then you need to stop or at least get some help to stop. That is not something you want to mess with at all.

not all self harm can been seen externally self harm is just that be it emotionally or physically it is harming yourself to rid yourself of another type of pain visual scars are not always the ones that cause the most self harm. take care of you okay try to find a better coping skill one that only inflict kindness to you.

SilverRaven

I do alot to myself which I wish I didnt do and my family thinks some of them were just accidents that happened because I was clumsy or something which I wish I could talk to them but my husband gets angry at me I have done it for so long I do not know what being kind to myself is...what does one do to be kind to themselves?...that is a question I would love to know...all I have ever known in my whole life is pain......I do it to relieve pain or if i am feeling emotionless and empty I do it to make myself feel something and pain I know well...it has been by me always...coping skills...I read write stories poems sing draw use to love walking but not anymore...I dont know any others..I am kind of a social phobe dont like lots of people and all so I dont do charity work anymore..well I guess I get the drift on the idea of SI...the many things I do is harming well thanks for your opinions and remarks...

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.