More threads by NightOwl

NightOwl

Just a quick question, I'm thinking of decorating my bedroom and I love pastel colours, particularly pale blue and lilac as they are very peaceful and relaxing colours, and I just got to wondering how colour affects our moods and reflects our emotions?

Wondering how different colours affect any of the members here. :rolleyes:

NightOwl

NightOwl

Hello David. Yes Earth tones appeal to my husband and myself. Our lounge is based on subtle greens, browns and creams. I find them very relaxing but I find colour is a very important part of our lives. I like to keep my home a peaceful environment.

I live right next to the Ocean and often open the windows to listen to the sea which is incredibly peaceful and relaxing and yet when I go out, I'll choose the colour that my mood suits or the situation requires.

NightOwl :)

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
At times in my life when I am most troubled, going down to the water - a river, a lake, whatever is available - is my first choice of where to head; the second choice would be into the forest.

I even find the sound of rain on the roof relaxing. :)

HA

Hello NightOwl,

I have been thinking about colour for my future new apartment and have a hard time deciding between blue and green and will probably go with the greens and have some blue in one area.

I like harmonius colour schemes and find them most relaxing.

Greens in the pale olive range I find to be the most soothing and comforting.

Nightowl,

I love lilacs and blues, and purple, pinks they are feel good colours for me, and relaxing within the home,,green is nice outside on grass and trees but not as room colour, JMHO dont like lemon or browns or grey much, reds and orange are too much, creams and whites are just boring, black is ok in small doses!!! its odd I love the countryside and trees and nature but if those colours where in my flat they would irriate me, I dream of having a house painted purple/lilac and pink inside and out:D

Halo

Colours for me vary where my clothing is mostly black but my room is brighter because I find that it tends to increase my mood as I spend most of my time in my room. The colours in my room are purple walls (that sometimes come across grey) with accent colours of yellow, apple green and silver. Sounds like an odd combination but put together and it works. In the past I have had my room pink and purple then switched to black and white. The black and white was when I went through a really troubled time and I realized that the black made my mood worse.

dark colours don't work well for my mood either. i love bright colours but not colours that scream at you (think neon :D). i love earthy tones as well, natural colours. so many combinations, too much to describe.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Is this going to turn into another one of those "when are we going to get a choice of more colors for this forum?" threads.... :panic:

I need a vacation... :zzz:

HA

What a great idea, Dr Baxter! A full range of personal choice in colour schemes for the forum. I will take the greens please but I would also like to have the blue & violet combo too...:clap:

Halo

Well we know that we can't do the pink/red colours because isn't that what crashed the forum last time we tried adding a bunch of colour options. However if we are giving suggestions, then I am definitely all for the purple and silver :D It would remind me of my room :lol:

Halo

Exactly because right now the blue of the forum is kind of clashing with the purple of my walls and well we can't have that now can we :rolleyes:

:lol: :smartass:

sunset

Blue is very calming to me.. I love the ocean and all things related to it. Water, sand and sun. Its the place I feel most at peace and blue is my favorite color followed by neutral colors like tan, and then yellow.
I think colors do play a big part in my moods.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.