More threads by Curious

Curious

I was born in Miami, Fla which makes me a Floridian. I love Isreal and was born in Miami. How can I love a place I never been to, but would like to and is a Christen? If I didn't have to take care of my wife, she has Lympheda and I am her caretaker. and if I was single and this thought came to me, I would put myself in a mental hospital for life. What does this thought mean? I taken my pills and I am calming down as we speak. You will never explain to me if this is a normal incident, these incidents are mind blowing and extremely emotional to me :mad:

I believe after a while these incidents will overtake a person, be they normal or not. I love my wife and grandson yet I have these dammed thoughts, now I feel like crying, how must hell must I endure before I brake? I was high strung. :confused::mad::eek:mg::(

GDPR

GDPR
There's nothing wrong with wanting to go somewhere you have never been.Heck,I would like to go many places,doesn't mean there's something 'wrong' with me because of it.

May I ask what type of medication you are taking?Do you think it might be a good idea to call your doctor for a medication adjustment,or maybe ask about something that may help you stay on an even keel?

I am sorry you are having such a rough time.

Curious

After reading the contraindications I will check with my doctor about Prozac and Saint John Warts. I was once high strung

Retired

After reading the contraindications I will check with my doctor about Prozac and Saint John Warts. I was once high strung

Its not a contraindication, but rather tha warning about drug / drug interaction.

St John's wort can increase or decrease the effectiveness or performance of various medications with which it might be combined.
Combining St Johns Wort with an SSRI like Prozac raises the concern for a rather serious interaction called serotonin syndrome. Check with your doctor.

Please see: Possible Interactions with: St. John's Wort | University of Maryland Medical Center

For your information, on terminology associated with medications:

Contraindication
A contraindication is a specific situation in which a drug, procedure, or surgery should not be used because it may be harmful to the person.

There are two types of contraindications:
Relative contraindication means that caution should be used when two drugs or procedures are used together. (It is acceptable to do so if the benefits outweigh the risk.)

Absolute contraindication means that event or substance could cause a life-threatening situation. A procedure or medicine that falls under this category should be avoided.

Some treatments may cause unwanted or dangerous reactions in people with allergies, high blood pressure, or pregnancy. For example, isotretinoin, a drug used to treat acne is absolutely contraindicated in pregnancy due to the risk of birth defects. Certain decongestants are contraindicated in people with high blood pressure and should be avoided.

Many medicines should not be used together by the same person. For instance, a person who takes warfarin to thin the blood should not take aspirin, which is a blood thinner. This is an example of a relative contraindication...Source: Medline Plus

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.