More threads by Eye Stigmata

Lately the urge to SI has been way worse than ever before.
To the point where I don't remember when the last day was that I didn't SI...

I know part of it has to do with the new therapy, but the urges were more frequent even before I started going. And I know that telling my mom what happened to me really made things bad.

I'm not sure how to avoid doing it, even for one day, it's become part of my daily routine and I feel incomplete when don't do it before certain times of the day....

Ok, this just sounds totally insane now.....

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Can you contact your therapist to ask how to help relieve those urges?

I understand those urges. I feel for you, I really do, cause the urges can be so strong.

Are there any triggers you notice with them? Is there any way to remove those triggers for a few days to maybe help the urges subside a bit?

You don't sound insane to me, but I don't know how to tell you how I stopped doing it. I think maybe my stress level decreased and the urges subsided that way, I honestly don't know.

I hope just knowing someone else understands helps for now, until you can get ahold of your doctor or therapist.

:support:

Hi Monkey munch,
I am so sorry you are going through this stress , right now, You did well to write about it here , Nick nack is right , it would be good if you talked to your therapist about this right now, together you could work on a coping strategie to get over that chronological hump each day , keep posting here , if it helps you to stop self harming at crucial moments in the day .

hugs for you WP

amastie

Hi MonkeyMunch,

I want to ask the same question as NickNack. Are you aware of particular triggers for your si? You say that you've been doing it for a long time now. Have you also been under more stress during that time?

Would it help, when you want si, if - instead of injuring yourself - you chose a doll or another object, and take your pain out on that?

I don't know if it would help. If it did, you could act out the injuring without threatening your health.

Above all, see your therapist, as the others advised.

I wish we all had a bag of miracles from which to draw to help you :support:

Thinking of you fondly,

amastie

Would it help, when you want si, if - instead of injuring yourself - you chose a doll or another object, and take your pain out on that?

I don't know if it would help. If it did, you could act out the injuring without threatening your health.

Monkey munch , this is a good solution , until you see your therapist , I used to punch a cushion very, very hard , when in great distress , it stopped me from harming myself in other irreversible ways .
take care now

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.