More threads by richardrayment

Hello my name is Richard and i had strong depression when i was a teenager about 15 could not sleep at night when it was time to go to bed i felt down for some odd reason and the things i said and cryed about for example i said when i was at school i keep on smelling the smell of a man and i keep on getting an erection thinking this was sexual attraction and saying i think i am gay. After this strange happenings that happened to me i started talking to myself loudly in my bedroom about the starnge out of propertion things i rremember me doing all the time non stop like i was irritated about something making and throwing cups of tea down the toilet etc etc. And the thing that disturbs me the most is that i think i cryed with a sad song (Lonely by Akon) can it go that far? why do i beleive this? was going through my head all the time driving me mad because i also had a menatl breakdown i was giving my cousin evil looks i didnt want to do it but it was like i was being controlled by something else the doctor says i have schizophrenia. What do you think of what i am saying? I have also been put on aripiprazole a medication can depression cause schizophrenia?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
We can't diagnose or evaluate a diagnosis online, Richard. If your doctor has diagnosed you with schizophrenia, that's probably correct, and it's really not unusual for an individual to experience depression first with the full symptoms of schizophrenia emerging later.

Is the medication helping you?

Hi Richard I too hope the medication is working for you.
Your doctor is a psychiatrist who knows how to diagnose you the best hun and yes depression can be onset of schizophrenia and other mental illness.
Let us know how you are doing okay and always try to keep open conversation going with your doctor so he or she can work with you to keep you stable if treated early schizophrenia symptoms can be kept under control and you will be able a normal life hun a life you chose.

making_art

Welcome Richard,

Some people can also have depression with psychosis and some people with schizophrenia can also have depression. People can have multiple diagnoses. Your doctors are the only ones who can give you a diagnosis.

:welcome:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.