More threads by Diana

Diana

Today I was teaching the grade 4's about February and Valentine's Day. I gave them a paper with 3 hearts and the words "I love..." at the top. Each child had to draw a picture in each heart and write 3 things that they love. For example, I love Hamburgers. I love my mother. I love my computer. (yes, I really got computers). I had 2 children draw a picture of themselves in one of their hearts. I had them read their papers to me and they said, "I love me."
The worst part is, I didn't even think about what they drew and wrote right away. Only after reflecting on it did I realize how much we can learn from our students, children or anybody else.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I think there is an enormous amount we can all learn (or relearn) from young children - things like wonder, curiosity, hope, joy, magic, truth, honesty, and the absence of deception and political correctness.

Some of those things we can also learn from cats :mrgreen:

David Baxter said:
I think there is an enormous amount we can all learn (or relearn) from young children - things like wonder, curiosity, hope, joy, magic, truth, honesty, and the absence of deception and political correctness.

Some of those things we can also learn from cats :mrgreen:

I believe that too. And the part about cats too.

ThatLady

It must have made your heart sing to see those kids put themselves into that heart! It makes mine sing just thinking about it! :)

Gotta agree with David, too. You can certainly learn all of that, and more, from cats. (I had to say that. There are four pairs of eyes staring at me. I know they read the post!)

ThatLady

through-these-eyes said:
And budgies too( I've got six of them making me type this!! :D)

I hear you! Being painfully pecked by six recalcitrant, politically incorrect budgies is a fate I'd rather not dwell on! It's as bad as being licked to death by five angry cats! ;)

ThatLady

David Baxter said:
:confused:

Why aren't the budgies doing the typing?

One does not "sing" one's own praises, David. One should not have to do so. One is a budgie (or a cat). There are others who are responsible for producing paeons of adoration! Sheesh, man! :D

LOL LOL Mr Baxter my budgies haven't finished their Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing course yet, so thats why Im typing for them, for now :D

Rosa

oh that is just sooooo wonderful...... for me I just hope to become the goddess my dogs think I am:)

Eunoia

Diana, you're so fortunate in that way, that you're around kids. Kids have this amazing ability to make life seem really simple and "pure" almost- what's simpler than saying "I love myself" and yet it's something that's so difficult for many people. They really can teach us a lot or at least remind us of who things "used" to be and should be....

Diana

You're right. You want to hear another one? I think this was during the camp, and I asked some students to go to the store and get some drinks for everybody. I took out some money and the one kid gasped and said "Oh, teacher! Korean money!" I said, well of course, I'm living in Korea. I can't use Canadian money here. I just though it was so funny.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.