More threads by Steven_v

Steven_v

Awhile ago i noticed that when i took zopiclone at night to help me sleep it also gave me a slight sense of euphoria and also relaxed my mind completly (as i have alot of trouble with obssesive thoughts and worrying all the time) so one day when i was having a really bad day i decided to take it just to relax my mind. well nearly a years gone by now and ive been off and on zopiclone going for months just using it to get to sleep or not using it at all but it really does help me through the day sometimes and just recently i seem to need it to get me through work. iam worried that i may be becoming addicted but if i tell my doctor then i'll have to stop taking it and then i wont have anything to get me through the day

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Re: I think I my be becoming addicted to zopiclone

Zoplicone (also known as Imovane) is a non-benzodiazepine hypnotic said to have minimal addiction potential, which is why it is often prescribed as a preferred alternative to benzodiazepines.

However, I do think that you should discuss with your doctor the fact that you experience anxiety during the day. While obviously you find the zopiclone helps with that, it probably isn't the best solution for you. You would not necessarily need to stop taking zopiclone for insomnia in order to add another medication for the anxiety.

Luvox (fluvoxamine) seems to work quite well for many people with obessive thoughts and worrying, and that could be taken in conjunction with Imovane for sleep, as far as I know.

Steven_v

ive spoke with my doctor about the anxiety but didnt mention that ive been taking zopicolone during the day all he did was up my dosege of fluoxatine

Steven_v

i dont understand i just been to my doctors told him everything, and he tells me to come of zopiclone completly and gives me diazepam to take instead (wich i thought was more addictive) ive take one today and nothing nothing at all dont feel relaxed at, all i felt was a bit light headed for about 20 sec

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

The Imovane you were taking before is a sedative, a sleep-aid. The diazepam is an anti-anxiety medication. I assume your doctor is now considering that the anxiety may be the root problem or a bigger problem.

Steven_v

but it doesnt work it just makes me feel tired where as the zopiclone doesnt and it stops my obssesive thoughts

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

Talk to your doctor. If you don't keep proving him with feedback, he has know way of knowing what works for you and what doesn't.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

I understand that but sometimes the only way to find the right one for you is trial and error. Individuals react very differently to some of these drugs and that's what makes it difficult for your doctor to predict with 100% certainty which one will be the best for you.

ThatLady

There are other anti-anxiety medications besides Valium. Xanax is one that works well for me when I need something like that. I don't take it constantly, but I do use it when I find myself "reving up", which is a tendency of mine. That probably doesn't surprise anyone here. :D

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.