More threads by Messiahmonkey

Has anyone who has bought a Icom PC had any problems with it..?

I purchased mine 10 months ago, ever since it has sometimes been crashing on startup and also alot of times it crashes when i'm loading Yahoo messanger and when i'm trying to get into a yahoo chat room...

I was on dial-up and it was really bad, then i went to braodband then it was not so bad..

What is the problem..?
Can this be fixed..?
Would repeated crashing damage or wear any of the PC's components..?
Would i be better of getting a new Icom, another PC or getting this one fixed..?

I'm trying to contact Icom, but no sucsess yet..

Does anyone have a Ph no or an Email add of Icom manufacturers..?

Your assistance will be very much appreciated..

Regards
Ron..

The Icom PC's Specs,

* Via 800MHz processor
* 256MB RAM
* 40GB HDD
* DVD reader/CD writer
* Lexmark printer
* Windows XP Home
* Speakers/Mouse/Keyboard

I paid $599 for it at target..

Regards
Ron..

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
* Via 800MHz processor
* 256MB RAM
* 40GB HDD
* DVD reader/CD writer
* Lexmark printer
* Windows XP Home

There's your problem, Ron. Windows XP will theoretically run in 256 MB but not very well. In reality, you need at least 512 MB and XP will run a lot better with 1 GB of RAM.

RAM prices are pretty low these days, at least in North America. Just make certain you get the right kind - I'd suggest you get someone to look at what is currently installed on your computer and add more of the same type and speed.

Would repeated crashing damage or wear any of the PC's components..?

No. It's just very annoying.

ThatLady

Yep, that's the first thing I noticed, too, David. I don't know how they expected this computer to run with Windows XP Home loaded and 256mb of RAM. Adding RAM is about the only answer I can think of.

You might talk to Target about this problem, Ron. I'm not sure what kind of customer service Target has, but that might be the place to start. :)

Thatlady, David,

Thanx for your replies, i really appreciate that, it good to see that people care..
i will make some enquiries..Thanx

Regards
Ron..

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.