More threads by Lonewolf

Lonewolf

Have been feeling so unwell lately, which is why its been a while since i was last on the forum! I presumed that i was feeling rough due to an OD a few weeks before i felt ill! So i ignored it, thought it would pass like all the other times! I had an appointment with the doc and told her i felt unwell! turns out that im diabetic!

I think maybe ive brought it on myself from the years of ODing, i don't know much about it and im too petrified to find out!

I am struggling with my S/H at the moment and i admit i may not be looking after myself properly, im also struggling with visions and sounds that intimidate me!

Im not entirely sure what im trying to say, im just reaching out!!

Sorry, i know how pathetic i sound! apologies! :(

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Re: im frightend!!

Gosh that's a major development Reeper... Big news for you to take in.

Great work though that you are still under care of a doctor obviously, great work that you have been carrying on with that.

When do you see the doc next, to talk about the diabetes care?

Great too that you are still interested in reducing self-harm. Remember it can be a long process and sometimes other concerns get in the way first. It gets pretty complicated juggling different mental, emotional and physical challenges. Great that you still want to reach out and find some assistance and learn new things. That is the main thing.

Wondering, has your doctor talked through the option of antidepressants or similar types of medications, things to help you emotionally? Does he/she also know about the visions and sounds? Be sure to discuss that.

Or also has there been any suggestion of books, programs, online tools or supports or learning, or homework to do?

Yeah, keep chatting and reading here, so that you can keep as much clarity as you can, and check out new ideas, and feel heard. Sorry you were feeling so unwell so weren't in for a while. :( xx

Lonewolf

i am on an anti-depressant already lol! My own GP is away until the end of june, so the one im seeing at the moment doesn't want to change anything, except to deal with the diabetes because i'm feeling so rough with it! fortunately i have been seeing this Dr fortnightly since my GP has been off! That's a little comforting for me!
I have had a peek on the internet about the diabetes, but all i found were like horror stories and im too scared to keep looking now!!
Im not sure what i feel about this, i have lots of conflicting feelings about it! Im petrified about this stuff, but im not scared of dying! so what is going on inside me?
am sorry!

Retired

I have had a peek on the internet about the diabetes, but all i found were like horror stories and im too scared to keep looking now!!

If the information you are reading is frightening and upsetting, you 're looking at the wrong sites. Remember the internet is filled with self serving, malicious sites whose only purpose is to either sell something or to rant about anything negative or derogatory on just about any topic. This is especially true of medical information, where there is a great deal of misunderstanding, superstition and misinformation.

Diabetes is controlled in milions of people who can lead normal productive lives, by following the treatment of their doctor.

Look for medically supported sites, or National support organizations dedicated to accurate scientific and medically sound information.

Such sites would include:

American Diabetes Association Home Page - American Diabetes Association

Canadian Diabetes Association | Home

DiabetesSupport.co.uk

Diabetes: MedlinePlus

Diabetes - National Institutes of Health (NIH)

Diabetes - MayoClinic.com

Diabetes, type 2 - NHS Choices

many diabetics can be controlled by pills or just by regulating their diet or some have to take insulin but either way like said it can be controlled hun The fearful things come about when one does not look after their diabetes or neglects to follow the care the doctor sets out for them

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.