More threads by Rosa

Rosa

friends, I just found out that my Rabbi died last night. He truely was the worlds greastest Rabbi-he was my first Rabbi and gave me the greatest gift I ever received-the gift of becoming Jewish. He did my conversion. I will miss him sooooo much...I always looked forward to my Rabbi R hugs. He always took the time to make sure I got my hug. I loved him sooooooooo much. He was the first safe person in my life and no matter what I did I knew I could always go to him and he would love me no matter what. I even told him about cutting and he actually understood and was supportive of me. He was the most warm and loving person I have ever met in my life. I will miss him soooooo much.
He was the type of Rabbi you would think of when you think of Rabbi's in general-he always had a story to tell and some of his stories were sooooooo funny. I will miss his stories.
I'm sure I'll write more later but I just lost the most important person in my life.
Rosa

ThatLady

I'm so sorry for your feeling of loss, Rosa. However, you have not lost your dear friend. He has merely stepped inside your heart where he will stay forever. He'll always be right there when you need him if you'll just remember to heed his quiet voice. :)

Halo

I am also sorry to hear about your loss and I too have lost the most important person in my life (a few years back). I can relate and am here for you anytime you need to talk.

Take Care of yourself.
Nancy

Rosa

thank you all for your kind and loving responses. I took some time away from the boards due to the loss but am feeling ok now. I do feel like his sudden heart attack was a gift from G-d as he had been fighting pancreaic (sp?) cancer for some time and the doctors had just told him the week before that there was nothing more they could do for him. Thats when I believe G-d gave him the greatest gift of all and ended his suffering before it got unbearable. At least this way he was able to work up until the day he died and he loved his work.
I had never been to a Jewish burial which threw me off quite a bit-we literally bury our own..ie, we cover the casket and fill the hole ourselfs. I didn't know quite what to think of this before when it happened but I think it helped with a real sense of closure. I have since been to the gravesite-he's as easy to talk to in death as he was in life LOL.
I miss him terrably but am thankful that he didn't have to suffer.
In friendship
Rosa

Rosa

thanks Janet! I had come here once and read the kind words but was in no condition to write...I just needed time... but the replys did help. Its just so very hard when you loose someone you love so much.
In friendship
Rosa

Halo

Hi Rosa,

I am glad that you at least read the words of encouragement as we all meant it and we missed you. I am also glad that you took the time you needed...good for you for making a good decision. :goodjob:

Take care and I am here for you anytime.
Nancy

Holly

Hi Rosa,
Sorry for the loss, I just wanted to send you one of my favorite poems by Mattie, he has passed on too. He was a brave young man, who inspired many! Including me, I hope you find comfort in the poem! Take care Holly

Prayer for a Journey

Thank You, God,
Not just for life,
But for our journey through life.
Life is a miracle,
And a journey through life
Is so full of so many more miracles
If we travel with our Heartsongs.
Thank You, God,
For blessing me with the
Gift of Heartsongs,
So that I can enjoy my miracles.

April, 1998
? Matthew Joseph Thaddeus Stepanek
Used with permission from Journey Through Heartsongs, Hyperion, 2002

Rosa

thanks for the poem holly, that really is something....I'm doing better, I still have my moments but fortunately, he's buried not far away so if I want I can always go for a visit....its not so much that I go there often but its the knowing that I can that makes all the difference.
I really am thankful that he was able to go without the pain he would have had had he lived with the cancer, but I still miss him.
As always
Rosa

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.