More threads by Daniel E.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

What is the Work Happiness Score?​

The Work Happiness Score is a metric that measures how people feel at work. It automatically appears on Indeed Company Pages once respondents have completed at least 20 work happiness surveys for that company.

The Work Happiness Score includes data around how employees genuinely feel working at their company, why they feel that way, and helps people understand what they need to thrive at work.

How is the Work Happiness Score calculated?

The Work Happiness Score is calculated by how much people relate to the statement, I feel happy at work most of the time. There are five different emojis and each corresponds to a certain data range in response to this statement.

In addition to overall work happiness, there are several other dimensions of happiness that are calculated and included on company pages. Here are the specific questions that are asked for each dimension:

Happiness: I feel happy at work most of the time.

Purpose: My work has a clear sense of purpose.

Appreciation: There are people at work who appreciate me as a person.

Flexibility: My work has the time and location flexibility I need.

Achievement: I am achieving most of my goals at work.

Support: There are people at work who give me support and encouragement.

Learning: I often learn something at work.

Inclusion: My work environment feels inclusive and respectful of all people.

Energy: In most of my work tasks, I feel energized.

Satisfaction: Overall, I am completely satisfied with my job.

Management: My manager helps me succeed.

Trust: I can trust people in my company.

Compensation: I am paid fairly for my work.

Belonging: I feel a sense of belonging in my company.

Stress-free: I feel stressed at work most of the time.

This data comes from current and former employees, combined into one score for each dimension. The Work Happiness Score evaluation methodology has been developed with the guidance of Dr. Sonja Lyubomirsky (Distinguished Professor of Psychology and Vice-Chair, University of California, Riverside), and Dr. Jan Emmanuel de Neve (Associate Professor of Economics and Strategy at Said Business School, University of Oxford).

What can I do to improve my company’s Work Happiness Score?

The best way to improve your company’s Work Happiness Score is to take action. This means encouraging reviews via the survey, tracking performance over time, improving what isn’t working at your company, and showcasing strengths by maximizing your employer brand through Indeed’s branding solutions.

If your company has a substantial sample size, we can offer a personalized Work Happiness Score report that dives a bit deeper into this data. If you are interested, please connect with your Indeed account manager for more details.

Why is the Work Happiness Score valuable?

The Work Happiness Score is valuable because research shows well-being and happiness at work is becoming just as (if not more) important as compensation and flexibility. The Work Happiness Score offers a new lens for company research, digging deeper than traditional employee reviews and providing context beyond compensation, benefits and perks.

Two of the dimensions that the Work Happiness program measures are belonging and inclusion. Making sure that the workplace is inclusive and respectful of everyone is a growing priority for job seekers, particularly amongst younger generations. Belonging is one of the most important dimensions that influence our happiness at work.

Earlier this year, Indeed released our ESG goals, which include a focus on increasing happiness at work. Overall, we want to help people find happier work and inspire companies to create workplaces that help people thrive. In turn, thriving people create thriving businesses.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
For example, below is the Work Happiness report for the Canadian company Rogers, which has lower scores than Amazon.com.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 7.16.34 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-01-19 at 7.18.36 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.