More threads by red_tomato

As a boy I was bullied in both primary and secondary school. At secondary school I would go red when a girl tired to make small talk or when it indicated to me that a girl my fancy me so I just went red and said nothing. I mean said nothing at all, just stayed and sat it out. However when sitting beside a girl in class I had no problem communicating with that person, perhaps because I didn't fancy them.
After leaving school I worked as a general opertive and continued to go red and be shy when ever the topic of 'women' came up, which as you can imagine was quite a lot given I managed to become a temalead incharge of a group of women.
After a year or so I moved to work as a general opertive abroad and while there I visited the red light distict. It was there one night that I had been with 8 or 9 different women that on the 10th one I had no more to give so she help me with her hand. That was 14 years ago and I've been yanking the chicken ever since. It has distroyed 2 relationships, the latter I would give anything to get back. We had 2 children from the 1st relationship and they turned out to be real daddies girls and while I don't spoil them they love and look up to me for support. Approx 2 months ago I went to my gp and they referred me to an out patient clinic where I was put on anit depressants and feel a change in my mood however that does not stop me from continually clicking the refersh page on a dating site to see if anybody has viewed my profile. This I guess I do out of boardum. Recnetly I took up an old hobbie - kayaking and find it great when I'm on the water if somethings a little scary. Any and all suggestions welcome on how I can set myself short, very short term goals to help move away from the boardum. Recently I've started baking and trying to get into a routine for the 1st time ever of trying to have the same meals on certain days of the week well for the most part anyway.

Sparrow

Hello Red Tomato,

A couple of thoughts, you mentioned the meds from 2 month's ago. It can take that long for some to work which leads me to your newer activities... kayaking, baking. Perhaps keep on refreshing that route instead of that dating site.
Your...
trying to get into a routine
sounds positive, reminds me of structure.

Meggylou

keeping doing the kayaking and baking, those are positive. A routine is also wonderfully helpful.
keep with it, you are taking the right steps

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.