More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
IE7 bugs, glitches, and fixes

After upgrading from IE6 to IE7, I could not get animated GIFs like smilies to work (they displayed but only as static GIFs).

Here is the fix from the Microsoft MVP:

Try the following and see if it helps:

Safely Delete the Temporary Internet Files
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

IE>Internet Options>Advanced tab>under Multimedia section>
Check "Play animations in webpages"
Click Apply>OK out.

or....

Try Doug Knox's script utility:
http://www.dougknox.com/utility/scripts_desc/fixpix.htm

Hope this helps.

Jan :)
MS MVP - Windows IE [DTS/AumHa]
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

ThatLady

Re: IE7 bugs, glitches, and fixes

I have seen the elephant and upgraded to IE7. So far, so good. I do like the clear type change. :)

Halo

TL

I upgraded about a month ago and so far so good for me as well....of course now I have to touch wood so I don't jinx myself :D

Halo

Come on TTE, take the plunge.....go for it :D :D.....nothing like a little peer pressure huh!!!

Come on TTE, take the plunge.....go for it :D :D.....nothing like a little peer pressure huh!!!

Hehehe, i use AOL browser so I dont have to, not really, not just yet, only use IE when Aol not working,, take the plunge OH NO I cant swim:D

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

TTE, if you're using the AOL browser, you're using their customized version of Internet Explorer. If you've let AOL update you recently, you likely already have IE7.

Just checked still on 6:D Im very careful with updates from Aol because they seem to send my computer funny/or a the Aol software starts acting up.

Nancy we have rubber rings and floats just incase!!:D

just mary

I hate to be a naysayer but I don't like IE 7, I like the old one. It worked, I knew most of it's little tricks and such. Now I have to spend time relearning it.

Man, I feel like Grandpa Simpson. :rolleyes:

Retired

hate to be a naysayer but I don't like IE 7

To date I have my own reservations about IE7. I've installed and uninstalled it twice, and have decided I would wait until a later release becomes available.

In the meantime I'll investigate the issues I've encountered in my spare time

I don't expect any answers anytime soon:D

im really beginiing to wish I hadnt updated, my Wincleaner software dont work now,, sso had a look round the net and others are having the same problem,, IE7 only works with Wincleaner 10 and not any previous ones, and there are no fixes for it except to buy the newest version,, :mad:

Retired

is it that simple? When I uninstall IE7 is 6 still there?

Yes it's that simple. I've uninstalled IE7 twice on the same system, because IE7 interferes with my email program in an unacceptable way. The only setting that was altered was a security setting which I noticed when I tried to access a bank account.

You may want to export and save your cookies and Favorites as an added precaution prior to installing IE7.

Although these should not be affected in a potential rollback, it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks TSOW, I will sort it tomorrow its neally bedtime here, when you uninstall it do you do it via the control panel,, add and remove items?

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.