More threads by shadow

shadow

Hello, I just joined. I first got 'into' mental health in 1983, about six months after my father died. What started out as normal grief turned into clinical depression, various suicide attempts, hospitalization, intense therapy, the whole route. Now, I basically stay at home, avoid people whenever possible, and try to ignore the world at large. I bounce between doing online genealogy research and online fiction writing, both of which allow me to interact with people without having to get physically close. While some might consider that a horrible way to live, I've finally found a way to exist which meets my needs, so I'm happy with it.

I do put a lot of psychological angles into my fictions, so I may ask questions for research on occasion but nothing of a personal nature - just facts so I don't put out more misinformation about mental illness. I hope no one will mind.

momof5

Hi Shadow,
Welcome to psychlinks.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I know that loss is difficult to deal with for a lot of people.

I am one of those myself. I'm still not over the loss of my first love who passed away too young in 1980. I still miss him as much today as I did back then.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.