More threads by Banned

Banned

Banned
The iPhone 5 is rumored to be coming out September 21. Will you be lining up for one if it does happen?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I wouldn't line up for technology of any kind. In fact, I rarely buy any technology until it's been on the market for at least 6 months, and preferably a year. I prefer to let others be the beta testers and I'll pick it up later after the bug fixes have been released (and sometimes the price even drops, although not with Apple).

Banned

Banned
I'm typically the same way, but will probably get this by Christmas just because my Blackberry is dying a slow and painful death. I think the changes will be significant enough that I don't want to get the 4s now, so I'm in a bit more of a rush than I would typically be. I'll let the craze die down and then upgrade my phone.

ladybug1966

Hm. I wish. There are more important things I need to do with that kind of money right now, however. I used to work for Apple (so major Apple fan here) and I've been behind the scenes of the line. The year after I quit, I did wait in line for the next generation iPhone.. overnight waiting. It was quite the experience and I had a lot of fun with the other Apple lovers. Needless to say, I never had a problem with that iPhone.

Banned

Banned
It was announced today and will be available to purchase on the 21st.

I'm going to get one. The upgrades are significant enough from my now almost extinct Blackberry model that it will be worth it. I am eligible for an upgrade from my cell phone provider so once they are available through them I will do it! I am a little excited, and a little intimidated by technology and all the features. I just can't keep up!

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
If you're not yet eligible for an upgrade, you might consider this:

clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
Sell your tech now
*See full terms & conditions
Get up to $404.40
Apple iPhone 4S
clear.gif

clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
Get up to $252.00
Samsung Galaxy S II LTE
Get up to $214.20
BlackBerry Bold 9900
Get up to $138.60
Samsung Galaxy S Infuse 4G

Banned

Banned
I can't wait to get my upgrade. I'm actually kind of excited. Its the simple things in life that amuse me...

I'm in the market for a new phone too - likely to buy it outright, because I don't like plans (especially not 24 month ones) and I'm not sure what my usage patterns would be with a smartphone. I don't know what model phone I'll get yet, but an iphone's on the cards (possibly 4S though)... I've resorted to a duct tape solution with my current phone to keep it together, but hopefully that can last me a few more months so I won't have to decide any time soon.

Retired

According to news reports, Apple will deliver a software upgrade to owners of iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s that will provide the enhancements of iPhone 5.

The only difference, as I understand would be the thinner physical size of the iPhone 5 and the new smaller connector , making all previous universal Apple connectors unuseable for the iPhone5...unless you buy the $40 adapter Apple is offering to sell you:D

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.