More threads by morinfen


To get social security for anxiety and being bipolar? And if so, what would i have to do to get it? I have severe anxiety and bipolar 1 which runs my life. I have trouble with keeping a job, and when im working i have a lot of problems getting to work and back because i have panic attacks often. I even been in the hospital because i thought i was having a heart attack when actually it was a bad panic attack. So.... is it possible?


Yes, it's possible. Your doctor would have to declare you unable to work, morinfen. You'd need to apply for SSI benefits, and there will be paperwork galore. Doctors' certifications will definitely be required. It often takes several attempts to be approved, so it's not something that happens quickly, or easily.
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.