• Quote of the Day
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    Thomas Edison, posted by Daniel

drdan

Hello,
I am a former retired counselor and have experience working with 3 DID clients. Of the 3 the firsrt one I believe successfully integrated the second one did not and the third one did but later split again and split is not really the right word. It was more of a power struggle of the alters to become actualized. I am curious as to if there are any forums or internet communities where someone with DID could go and share their stories. I formed a life long bond with most of the alters when they integrated and succeeded but a year later under stress they "split" again and they are all still in touch with me. It like I have 7 seperate friends on the phone but is only 1 person and they want to continue their individual lives as who they are and seem to be looking to me to validate that for them. I do not want to alienate them because i am the only professional that has their whole story. I just think if there was somewhere she could share her story with other DID's that understood the actual dynamics of this lifestyle it might help her a little.

Top Bottom