More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Love Hewitt Loves her Body Image
by Sandra Kiume
December 4, 2007

Actress Jennifer Love Hewitt faced some catty criticism recently after papparazzi photos of the bikini-clad star revealed some cellulite. Instead of being defensive or turning to crash dieting, however, she declared satisfaction with her size.

?I?ve sat by in silence for a long time now about the way women?s bodies are constantly scrutinized. To set the record straight, I?m not upset for me, but for all of the girls out there that are struggling with their body image. A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn?t make you beautiful. And like all women out there should, I love my body. To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini - put it on and stay strong."​
In a media world that criticizes both large and thin celebrities, it?s great to hear a celebrity fight back and encourage women to accept and love their bodies as is. Eating disorders, body dysmorphia and anxiety over appearance are challenges for a lot of women and some believe the superthin models and actresses may contribute to the problem - I applaud Jennifer for trying to reverse the tide. I hope we see more celebrities doing the same.

In the same edition of that tabloid, supermodel Cindy Crawford is criticized for her stretch marks and the Spice Girls are declared too thin. Thank goodness for Jennifer.

Halo

What a great role model for girls today Jennifer is :goodjob:

I also hope more celebrities fight back and pass the message on to accept and love their bodies as is. What a difference it could really make!

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
'I love my body': Jennifer Love Hewitt attacks Hollywood's Size Zero obsession

'I love my body': Jennifer Love Hewitt attacks Hollywood's Size Zero obsession
3rd December 2007

Actress Jennifer Love Hewitt has lashed out at the Hollywood obsession for women to appear stick thin.

The star insisted there was nothing wrong with women who do no have the perfect 0 dress size. Her comments came as revealing photographs of the 28-year-old star's cellulite-riddled body were published. Several celebrity websites mocked her less than perfect figure.

Love Hewitt, who last week got engaged to Scottish actor Scott McCall, hit back at the way women's bodies are criticised in her personal blog. Love Hewitt said:

"This is the last time I will address this subject. I've sat by in silence for a long time now about the way women's bodies are constantly scrutinized. To set the record straight, I'm not upset for me, but for all of the girls out there that are struggling with their body image. A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful."​

Love Hewitt, who was photographed while on celebrating her engagement with a holiday in Hawaii, added:

"What I should be doing is celebrating some of the best days of my life and my engagement to the man of my dreams, instead of having to deal with photographers taking invasive pictures from bad angles. I know what I look like, and so do my friends and family. And like all women out there should, I love my body. To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini - put it on and stay strong. "​
The actress, who stars in the hit US TV show "The Ghost Whisperer" is known for her curvy figure. She is currently the face and body of the Hanes label and advertises their bras on US TV.

Her former boyfriend, singer John Mayer, wrote the song Your Body Is A Wonderland when they were dating. Love Hewitt announced her engagement to McCall last week during her Hawaii holiday.

She was presented with an antique engagement ring that had been in the McCall family for over 100 years. The couple have been dating for almost two years but have not set a date for the wedding.

British actress Kate Winslet has been the most outspoken of all the Hollywood stars when it comes to body image. The Titanic star said women are bombarded with images of the perfect figure in magazines and said it was unhealthy to try and attain that look.

She said:

"More than ever now, I believe it's so important to look as real and true to life as possible, because nobody's perfect. I seem to be on a mission, but I don't want the next generation, your daughters and mine, growing up thinking that you have to be thin to look beautiful in certain clothes. It's terrifying right now. It's out of control. It's beyond out of control."​

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.