More threads by Auburn

Auburn

I am actually feeling quite calm this morning. I think that can be attributed to the sleeping aid the doctor has given me. And I am soooo grateful. Again, this time of year tends to throw me into a spiral. I so want to be able to enjoy Christmas again. Revel in the joy and the wonder and the sparkle of it all. But, the shadow that hangs over it is so hard to overcome.
Lately, I have had to be support for one of my dearest friends, and I think, in an odd way, that has helped. She has needed me, so I had another focus. I could push all my thoughts away.
I just want to give my kids and my sweet husband the kind of Christmas they deserve. I want peace, and joy. It doesn't seem like alot to ask for.
Sorry everyone, just needed to focus for a few minutes. Love to you all.

Hi Auburn ,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts , so very gentle and loving , I wish for you
peace , joy , wonder and sparkle for the festivities .

I know how difficult it is to push those shadows away, I wish for you lightness and brilliance which will keep those shadows at bay.

take care white page :hug:

ladylore

Account Closed
No need for apologies Auburn. It's a joy to know what is going on with you and your loved ones. :hug:

Auburn

Thank you both so much. I am so desperate to enjoy this time of year again. My kids are getting older and soon all that little kid wonder will be gone. It really does feel like we were robbed of the past 4 years. And, even though I know it isn't true, it still feels like somehow we let them down each Christmas. Because we couldn't share in the joy, it feels like we were short changing them. I am planning to start Christmas early this year for them. That is my goal anyway.
Thank you all for listening and for caring. Love you all!

Hi Auburn ;
I think you are so brave , why don't you do a christmassy thing each day , I don't know if there is such a thing as an advent calendar where you are , but it is a lovely lead up to the day , opening a little window all together each day at a fixed time. Great sparkly hugs to you .
WP

Hi Auburn ,
I found a printable advent calendar , for your family .
Marilyn’s Christmas web page
Print a Last-Minute Advent Calendar so you wannabee a Domestik Goddess? the site

http://www.thetoymaker.com/Holidays/Christmas/advent1.pdf the calendar front

http://www.thetoymaker.com/Holidays/Christmas/advent2.pdf the calendar images,

all you need is glue and a craft knife and two sheets of stiff paper lots of other fun stuff too ! Enjoy :)

Last edited:

Auburn

Whitepage, you are one of the reasons that this forum works. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. You made me smile and warmed my heart, and that is always needed. I will be thinking of you for the rest of the day. Thanks you hun. Much love!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.