More threads by braveheart

braveheart

thank you both. it means a lot that people care and understand.

I have talked about this all some in therapy just now, that helped.

I will read the links.... it was kind of a question... had a discussion with my therapist about my not wanting to tell those who gave me life [although they had no choice over who they gave birth to...] about my feelings of wanting to die...
I want them to understand more about why I am the way I am [not their causes, but because of my illness.] and how that's been present for some years... and to have some sense of what its like for me and what I might need from them.

I'm going to send some articles in the next few days, along with a letter.

Misha

Does the clinic/hospital or wherever you are getting treatment have any groups or information sessions for family? wait... it sounds like you don't live in the same city. Maybe look into resources where they are. A lot of places have groups and stuff, and many families find it helpful. Then, even if things like suicidal thoughts come up, they are in a supportive environment to face it.

braveheart

hmmm ... thanks Misha.

I'm in private psychotherapy, and just see my GP for meds now, having been discharged by the psychiatrist.

I'm not so sure my parents would want to get involved in that way. My family has to be the most insular isolated nuclear family ever..

Thanks though... :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.