More threads by forgetmenot

Never made one of these before but it is time now and as i sit down and try to write this letter no words are formed.
So far i just have as of May 31,2013 i will be resigning from my position at xxxxxxxxxxx

What does one say really after working it seems a life time there it is now time to walk away
I am so tired Over 30 yrs i have been somebody there anyways anyone know how to write one of these letters i need to go away i need this to happen now i was going to hand this in tonight but i think it is still only 2 weeks you have to give notice hell i think

I will let my manager know tonight verbally anyways so she can be prepared to replace me on schedule

I'm sorry to hear that this is a frustrating time for you. If you have not already submitted your resignation letter, have you thought this through? Do you have another source of income and medical insurance? Can you perhaps, take a few days off from work to come up for air? This will be major change for you. Please take care and let us know how you are doing.

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
All you need to write is that you are resigning your position and your expected last date of work. Easy enough to write but hard to deal with your emotions after so many years... I am sure you will find many things to do to fill your time and give you a sense of purpose.

Retired

A search engine search using the terms "letter of resignation" will provide many insights as well as examples and templates.

I thought this page was particularly informative

The key to writing a letter of resignation is to make it short, gracious and to the point.

You want to be sure to ask for a letter of recommendation before leaving, while the people who know you are still working there, assuming you are leaving on good terms. That letter should be kept in your file for when you make future applications.

Thanks i talked to my head nurse she said she would write me a letter of resignation and i could just sign it.

So i will do it that way instructed her not to tell anyone i am leaving

i do not want anyone to know

so it will happen soon and um ya i won't need a letter of recommendation

I don't know if i will keep my license up to date or not or just ask for refund for rest year

told my husband what i had done i hope he can cope with finances im tired too tired to do anything now hell i couldnot even face writing the dam letter but it will be done things will move forward now.

I have kept all my letters stating my good record attendance very little sick time but really i don't see me working anywhere after i leave i am done working

eva

MVP
It's good that you got some help writing the letter.

If things are getting overwhelming for you, it might be best to take the time you need to rest and recover.

Things might be hard money-wise but I'm sure you will think of something. Good luck. :)

Retired

i won't need a letter of recommendation

I would not make that determination, as you never know what the future holds. Ask for a letter of reference, it costs nothing, and you'll have it if you ever need it.

Talked to my therapist he stated perhaps to take a leave of absence but no i think i am done also thought it was best i let the staff know of my departure. mmm I will think on that

One young nurse said i was being selfish for not telling them when and if i was leaving I just wanted to go away that all
i am not sure perhaps a small gathering on the floor the last night i will be there Therapist thinks it willl help me grieve the ending of my career i don't know really i just know for me i had to leave when i was on top of my career i don't want to leave when i am not functioning i hope that makes sense.

Therapist ask me to bring in pictures i have none no pictures 30 yrs i worked i did not socialize that was not me I socialized at work i talked to girls at work i have memories dam i have a picture of me when i started my career i am not knowing what will happen to me now but i know i want to leave
Letter of reference Steve i will think abt that one even if i keep it as a keep sake
spent day with my grandaughter today longest i have ever had her god she is so special

I don't have any expectations and this resignation is final i will not be returning to my career to my profession.
I wish i could explain what is going on in my mind everything i fought to be will be no more but that is my choice I just have to make it through one more month May 19 last day

GDPR

GDPR
I wish you luck with everything forgetmenot.

That was a big decision you made,and I am glad you did what you felt was best.

What are you going to do on may 20th,since may 19th is your last day? Relax and take it easy?

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Congratulations on taking the plunge into the next phase of your life, Forgetmenot. I know it is really hard for you though. Still I think it is a time to celebrate your excellent achievements and hard, dedicated work.

That work you have done, and its way of forming a part of your identity, does not somehow vanish in a puff of smoke just because the work has now been done. Time and life phases are linear. But our achievements and the way they form part of us, are not.

I will always think of you as a cool, smart, valuable, hardworking nurse Forgetmenot. I think you might find a lot of people might always still think of you that way too..... Maybe even you could too....... :)

That is it MHeathJo i don't feel like me at all when i think of me going away I am feeling like the nothing the no one but i just cannot keep up physically with my work and to transfer to a different area of my field they want more education and i am not going back to school i am tired of a fight inside me now see i told you it is hard to explain but i am letting the fight die down now i am just going to surrender and what will be will be understand i hope so

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
It is really hard when we have relied on a certain role to feel like somebody or something, and we feel that we have to keep doing that to have an identity or worth.

One of my favourite chapters in David Burns' Feeling Good is Your Work Is Not Your Worth.

Keep exploring this with your therapist Forgetmenot. xx

mudpuppy

From what I've seen here, you're a wonderfully caring person. Congrats on finally having the opportunity to turn that caring inward on a more regular basis (and get all that extra time to spend with your granddaughter).

On May 20, instead of running around to someone else's schedule, this will be you --> :coffee:

forgetmenot,

Perhaps feelings will come later. It sounds like you're battle-worn and just weary.

Maybe some of that numbness will warm up after you've had some time away. I am not a nurse but I know that is one of the most stressful jobs out there. It's probably too hard to think to far ahead right now.

Even if you choose to make this final, it's still okay to change your mind later. Or if you find you haven't got enough to do, my MIL went back to work for a while. I have heard some folks are "semi-retired" and try volunteer work or find a part time job where they just spend a few hours a day doing stuff where they aren't stressed out and they don't have to bring their work home with them. Some just work at something they love out of their house. Some are just completely happy enjoying their retirement!

Either way, I wish you well, and that you feel more like yourself soon!!!

Congratulations may be in order, but it sounds like you don't even feel relief, yet, it sounds more like you want to escape... *hugs*

making_art

Just be grandma for awhile....my grandson calls me "nanny". I was just "nanny" for awhile and loved it. :moon::vroom::juggle::watermelon:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.