More threads by yani

yani

Hi, i've never posted a thread before so forgive me if i dont do it right.

Im writing this in hopes that i'll be able to get help for a fear that is controlling my life.

I cant go outside at night, I panic and check and re-check corners and open spaces, I look around making sure i dont see anyone because if I do I automatically assume it is (for a lack of a better term) a "zombie."

I know this might sound pathetic but I cant get over it. I still have the fear during the day; I just feel that because of the sunlight I can see them coming and get away, whereas, at night my limited vision causes the fear to have full controll.

Even in my own apartment, i check empty rooms and keep all the lights turned on, I will only live on the highest floor apartment so that I know they wont come in the windows.

Im just scared of them, Im scared that they'll catch, bite, hurt or kill me and that I wont be able to out-run them or safely defend myself from them. Also the thought that there is no happy ending, if there is an infestation, then there is no safe place to go b/c it spreads too fast which means that eventually they will get me.

I want this to go away, I know my husband is getting tired of dealing with this, he tries to convince me that they are Not real but my mind says that its Not Impossible and I have to be prepared.

Please Help me, this has more controll of my life than what i've written it would just be too long to read/write.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
How long have you had this fear? Have you ever had counselling or psychotherapy to deal with this or with other fears or anxieties?

yani

Thank you David for your response. To answer your question, i have not ever seen anyone for this; this forum was my first time talking about it to anyone that wasnt my husband. I read your recommendation and afterwards I decided that the only way things are going to change for me, is if I force myself to do the things that scare me. I've lived with this too long and i'm willing to try almost anything to get better. I hope it works. I still dont know where this fear came from but as long as i can conquer it then i think i'll be fine. Thank you again.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.