More threads by amastie

amastie

Hello,

having recently re-joined another online support group for people with dissociative disorders, I now find it in me to re-join this one. Short for now. Hi Jazzie, David, Daniel and all. I must catch up if possible with NicNak.

When I found myself letting go at the time of my last posting, it was as if I were falling from a cliff top to which I was holding onto with both hands, trying very hard to remain present but not being able to be - and not understanding why. I tried as I always do at such times, by returning as quickly as possible, ready to divulge anything that would keep me from letting go of the cliff edge, but there was no way that I could stay holding on. It is now that I can see through a clearer lens that it is my experience of inner "alters" that has so caused me to act in ways that are so self-conflicting - and very hard on others. I'm sorry. I couldn't be present for so long. I feel now that I'm speaking from another part of myself. Another alter? - feels like it, even though my experience of the alters is that they are always inside me, and never are revealed outwardly - at least in company.

Coming back, feeling very much like a different person, but never have forgotten that this is the best set of forums for people with a range of mental illnesses. (I've continued to receive the newsletters and have been grateful for those)

Typically, it's late now.

Will catch up more soon.

My best wishes to all,

amastie

Andy

MVP
Re: Looking through a more focussed lens (maybe through different eyes)

Welcome back amastie! :2thumbs:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Re: Looking through a more focussed lens (maybe through different eyes)

Welcome back.

Hi Jazzie, David, Daniel and all. I must catch up if possible with NicNak.

BTW, Jazzey and NicNak are no longer active.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.