More threads by Elena

Elena

I received great help from you when I just joined this forum, thanks. Actually, I was feeling kind of too old to do many things then, but now I'm studying a Diplomate to become an interpreter and translator and I am very happy learning. Problem now is that my employer just dismissed me. I understand the budgetary reasons they might have but they did not give me notice long enough, etc. I'm going to sue for a compensation and that stresses me a lot. Fair as it is, I can't help being angry, afraid, and a mix of feelings. Should I take the pills I have for anxiety? How long should I wait to use this resource? Why do I feel like this if I'm doing what is fair? Thanks for the advice and comments you may give me.

Retired

Elena,

Losing a job is very distressing, as there may be feelings of being betrayed by those to whom we dedicated our time and effort.

If you have been prescribed medication for anxiety, you may wish to contact the physician whom you saw in connection with your anxiety before self medicating.

Your physician may be able to help with some counseling in dealing with the feelings you are experiencing and may have some additional strategies to help you overcome these feelings.

How long were you working at this job and were you offered any type of severance compensation?

foghlaim

HI Elena,
I'm sorry you are losing your job, :(
You feeling angry is understandable,, I mean just because you understand their reasons doesn't mean you can't feel angry at the way you have been dismissed. I would be angry too.
Getting involved in any kind of legal dispute I know raises various feelings like the ones you are describing above. I'm assuming here you have a solicitor or lawyer to help you with your lawsuit? he\she might be able to allay some of your fears surrounding this issue.

I read your other posts and you mentioned back then about maybe seeing another therapist, i'm wondering if you did and if you are still seeing one at the min.?? I think it would be good if you had someone with whom you could talk this over with as well as posting here.

Maybe you could tell us here why you are afraid, what you are afraid of? If you can or want to? it might help to get it out of your head. just the act of writing them out could help as well if you never posted them. i'm sure the others here will offer more suggestions to help you cope with all that is happening at the min.

don't know if any of this helps you in any way.. I hope it does if only to let you know I hear you.

Elena

Thanks a lot. Actually I feel much better and have not taken any medication. Maybe I have matured and did not notice? I really appreciate your replies.
I have a solicitor giving me counsel.
I have two job interviews in the next two days. Keep your fingers crossed.
Thank you all for caring.

Retired

Elena,

Please keep us posted on your progress. It sounds like you are finding ways to deal with this unfortunate situation.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Good luck with the interviews.

Regarding stress/anxiety, popular and effective self-help methods include exercise and music. The problem, however, is that when people are stressed they may not feel like exercising or relaxing since what is stressing them out seems more important at the time.

Elena

Thanks a lot for the support! I have a second interview tomorrow at one of the places I went to. I'd really like them to hire me. In the other place, I was given a test and they will call me in a few days.
You know, I think the two cats I adopted last year are really helping me relax. As a matter of fact, collitis has almost disappeared since they arrived. I also feel more confident because I have met people who have helped me before and whom I can relly on now. Years ago, I felt all alone and helpless, eventhough family and friends were with me (?!). Now, I have discovered that I am able to ask for help, work for a solution, I mean, to somehow work things out. Some things are beyond my reach, but that's ok. The feeling I have now is like...peace, inner peace. Wow! it's a good feeling. I still have to work on my ability to interact with people more spontaneously.
Thanks again! Thanks for helping us.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.