• Quote of the Day
    "There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered."
    Nelson Mandela, posted by Daniel

iam*who*iam

I am very happy to have found a canadian site like this.

I am 24 and deal with many issues, so i'm sure i can find many threads to post in.

I am currently recovering from anorexia (after 7 yrs.), also self-injury (on and off for 11 yrs.). I also have PTSD/Dissociative disorders, a bit of each anxiety disorder.

I have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, but i argue about the accuracy of it, because PTSD has very similar symptoms.

I like to read and research mental health issues, programs/services in canada and the us.

I also love cats.

I am very much about peace and have always wanted to make a difference in the world.

I recently started a petition to the government of canada, to provide more and better services (especially for PTSD and related issues.)

I am also trying to start a PTSD support group in my city since NOTHING for it exists..it's kind of a slow process, but hopefully the outcome will be good.

so, i am here for support, and to make some friends, maybe even find some who live near me.

ladylore

Account Closed
Re: lots to say

Welcome to the Forum,

There is alot to read here and many posts and threads specifically addressing the issues you talked about.

:welcome2: again

Ladylore

Welcome Iam! :) Don't know where you're located but if you check out the top right link on this page entitled "Support Groups" you'll find a listing of various groups that get together to deal with various conditions.

I'm in Ottawa and found an anxiety peer support group (which includes ptsd sufferers) and will be starting a 14-week program once a week evgs on September 13. Not too late to join for anyone interested. It's offered at the Heartwood House free of charge. 613.729.6761

Blessings,

Jos?e

i am glad you have joined us, you sound like you've been through a lot like many others here. this is a great forum and i hope you'll like it here as much as i do :)

oh and there are many :cat: lovers on this forum too :cool:

Retired

Welcome Iam!

I am also trying to start a PTSD support group in my city since NOTHING for it exists..it's kind of a slow process, but hopefully the outcome will be good

Is there a Canadian or U.S. national association or advocacy organization for PTSD who can help you form a local chapter, or are you starting from scratch?

Halo

Welcome to Psychlinks :welcome2:

It is great to have you here and I hope to see you around :wave:

ThatLady

:welcome: to PsychLinks, Iam! We're glad to have you with us, and I know you'll find helpful information and support here! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom