More threads by Laurie1407

Hi everyone

Just wondering if there are any meds you have tried that help you cope with your agoraphobia and panic attacks.

Are there anyones better than others that you have tried that helped you in getting out of your safe place?

I am precently taking Effexor,methoprazine and just started fluanxol a few days ago along with many other meds for other health issues.

thanks in advance :>)
Laurie

laurie,

Over the years I have been ill I have been given many types of medication most of which either didnt work or had bad side effects, so now all I take is Valium/diazapam because its the only one that calms me down/makes me relaxed and doesnt give me any side effects at all. Im not allowed to take it all the time due to the fact it can be addictive so I usually take it when things are bad and just for a short while and that works for me. The rest of the time I try and use meditation/relaxation techniques and sometimes herbal tea drinks.

Hi thanks for your reply.
I have tried relaxation and medtitaion in the past but I just can't seem to do it anymore just can't stop my racing thoughs long enough to just relax. It is soooo frustrating the voice in my head never shuts up long enough for me to LOL my own voice that is, no others.
:hug:
Laurie

braveheart

Therapy helps me the most. :)

I'm on mirtazapine, and am supposed to take propranolol when I need it, but I'm none too keen on it.

HI Braveheart
I haven't tried or heard of those meds before,what benefits do they have for you if any for agoraphobia?

Laurie

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I'm on mirtazapine, and am supposed to take propranolol when I need it, but I'm none too keen on it.

HI Braveheart
I haven't tried or heard of those meds before,what benefits do they have for you if any for agoraphobia?

Mirtazapine is Remeron, a newer tetracyclic antidepressant similar in effect to the SSRI or SNRI medications. It is used to treat anxiety and depression. For someone with an anxiety disorder including panic disorder with agoraphobia, it would be targeting the anxiety component.

Propranolol is a beta blocker used primarily in the treatment of heart conditions but it is used in treating panic disorder to limit the overreactivity of the fight-flight response in panic attacks.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.