More threads by texasgirl

My doctor added medicine last night and I don't know anything about them. I am currently taking Lexapro, Risperdal, and Klonopin. He added Lamictal, Seroquel and increased the Risperdal again. Does anybody know about the two new drugs?

thank you.

TG

ladylore

Account Closed
I don't know myself but you can always go back to the pharmacy that filled the perscriptions and ask them to explain what they are and what kind of interactions they may have.

You can also make an appointment with your doctor to talk with him/her about the medications. Its your body and you do need to know what is what.

Good Luck

ladylore

Account Closed
No problem :) Hope you recieve the info you need.

Halo

Here are the Google searches that I did on both medications and there prove to be a lot of results. Hope they help.

Lamitcal

Seroquel

If you want to check on any interactions between medications and food etc. I would check out this website: DrugDigest

Halo

Don't be afraid TexasGirl, I am sure your doctor knows what he is giving you and if you just want to make extra sure that everything works well together and there is no interactions just run a quick check through the link that I provided in my earlier post. I always make it a point to do that when I get new medications just to ease my own mind :)

Take care and I hope that the new medications work for you :heart:
:hug: :hug:

Similar threads

Here is a list of popular Rx and over the counter medications with a description of what they do. The article ends with the authors (physicians) explaining what questions to ask your doctor, your pharmacist to avoid drug interactions. Popular Medications and Drug Information You Should Know The article can be printed or saved to your hard drive by selecting Save a Copy in Adobe Acrobat Reader
Replies
Views
Cannabinoids and their therapeutic applications in mental disorders THC is the main psychoactive ingredient responsible for either psychotic or affective mental health outcomes at higher doses; on the other hand, low doses can attenuate the subjective response to psychosocial stress and act as anxiolytics. In contrast, CBD represents the nonpsychoactive component of the plant that has been suggested to possess antipsychotic, antidepressant, anxiolytic, and procognitive properties. When...
Replies
Views
I am surrounded by natural oils all day, every day, because it's the big fad at work for migraines, PMS, allergies, and god knows what else. I like the smell of the peppermint oil but if I have a migraine, I'll take a Tylenol, thank you.
Replies
Views
On Being Ill By Joshua Gordon, NIMH December 14, 2017 It is clich? to say that doctors make the worst patients. But it is inevitably true that we are always both, though we often forget this. I recently had cause to remember, as those of you who follow my newly established Twitter feed may have already figured out. On Thanksgiving Day, I had the misfortune of breaking my fibula, the smaller of the two bones in the lower leg. Thanksgiving is my favorite secular holiday of the year, as...
Replies
Views
What?s the evidence for evidence-based medicine? by Monique Tello, MD, MPH, Contributing Editor, Harvard Health Blog March 13, 2017 Patients come in all the time asking about things they read about on the internet, or heard about from a friend. It may be an unexpected explanation for their mysterious symptoms, or a new test, or an amazing treatment they want to try. Heck, when I see things that I?m curious about, I research them, and sometimes I try them, too. When I was hugely...
Replies
Views